UK Securities Not Updating

Ken Broomfield

01 Jul, 2020 12:57 PM

My UK securities are quoted in GBP and they have not updated since 26 June 2020. Please will you resolve the problem for me. Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 01 Jul, 2020 02:35 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Ken

If the Quote and exchange rate updater does not work well for you try the extension Quote Loader under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSION

I am a UK user using Quote Loader on both Moneydance 2019 and 2020..

For information see post 38 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF attached to posts 38 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by KEN BROOMFIELD on 02 Jul, 2020 10:14 AM

Thanks for that. Works for most securities and better than having no updates from MD on prices. Would have been nice to have the info imported directly to MD security list with the graphical information and history of prices. At the moment this information no longer updates. Hope MD will sort this out.

Ken

On 1 Jul 2020, at 15:35, derekkent23 <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Jul, 2020 10:47 AM

Hi Ken

Quote Loader does update each Currency/Security History window and thus the graphical information.

Are you following the process outline on page 4 of the PDF downloaded from post 38 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...
    Including, once the prices have been obtained ticking the box CLICK TO SELECT ALL LINE then clicking SAVE SELECTED VALUES.

If you click on the link on page 2 of the PDF to the Quote Loader Full Video Tutorial V9.0 you can see it happening. About 8 minutes into the video.

If some of your securities are not returning prices post your ticker symbol along with the security name and I will test.

Hope this help

4. 4 Posted by KEN BROOMFIELD on 02 Jul, 2020 11:46 AM

Hi Derek

Great news yes the update occurs as you say but with the following exceptions based on the LSE and the FT price source . The exceptions appear to change but at the moment I have two without prices.
    Currently they are Banco Santander BNC and Rolls Royce RR.

Thanks for your good work on this.

Ken

5. 5 Posted by KEN BROOMFIELD on 02 Jul, 2020 11:54 AM

I also have incorrect prices for Aviva (AV) and British Aerospace (BA)

Ken

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Jul, 2020 12:10 PM

Hi Ken

Can you post the approx price fore each of the four securities the price you expect and i will test

7. 7 Posted by KEN BROOMFIELD on 02 Jul, 2020 12:28 PM

Aviva 10.422 looks like it is in euro. British Aerospace 145.35 looks as if it is in USD.
    RR and Santander no prices.

8. 8 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Jul, 2020 12:40 PM

Hi Ken

OK, I assume you are looking prices for these securities traded on the UK stock market and in sterling.
    Take a look at the test data set, see screen shot, I have created for your four securities and the results returned by Quote Loader.

Let me know if any of them are not correct.

9. 9 Posted by KEN BROOMFIELD on 02 Jul, 2020 03:46 PM

Thanks, they are all correct, I missed a period on some of ticker references hence the problem. The only one not coming up with a price is BNC Santander.
    Ken

10. 10 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Jul, 2020 03:56 PM

Hi Ken

Take a look at the screen shot I posted.
    Banco Santander requires you set the stock exchange London Stock Exchange LSE in the Exch Mod field. Give that a go and report back.

Hope this help

11. 11 Posted by KEN BROOMFIELD on 02 Jul, 2020 04:03 PM

Success, thanks for your help.

Ken

12. 12 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Jul, 2020 04:29 PM

Hi Ken

Really glad we got there.
    I hope Quote Loader continues to serve you well.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

13. 13 Posted by KEN BROOMFIELD on 04 Jul, 2020 02:40 PM

Hello Derek

I have encountered a problem for Janus Henderson UK Index Opp GB00BKTCQ643 . There are two lines for this in my list of securities because they are held by different people but I see only one entry is updated on the main summary screen even though they have the same ticker number. Also I have Ricardo RCDO and Serco SRP which are in the main summary screen and up to date but not in the summary view page where there is your page of securities hence the total figure is lower than the overall holding in the summary where I have all securities. Please advise.

Best wishes Ken

14. 14 Posted by Mike Bray on 04 Jul, 2020 03:10 PM

Ken, Quote Loader only expects one entry per Ticker. You do not need more than one. If you have 2 or more accounts with the same security you only need to declare the security once. You then add it to the different Investment Accounts. QL will then update the price of the Security. The price will be reflected in both investment accounts.
    Regards
    Mike

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

15. 15 Posted by derekkent23 on 04 Jul, 2020 03:24 PM

Hi Ken

I am a bit confused by some of the terms you are using, so if I am miss reading you, you will need to elaborate.

Your first issue with Janus Henderson UK Index Opp GB00BKTCQ643
    If I am reading you correctly under TOOLS – SECURITIES you have set up two instances of this security, same ticker symbol, as you have the same security in two investment accounts. As Mike explains in his post you should not set up two instances of the same security.
    Can you post if this is the case? If so, and you need help in correcting the situation I will post the corrective action you need to take.

Your second issue. I am not clear what you mean by “main summary screen” and “summary view page”. Perhaps some screen shot? Are you talking about certain areas of the SUMMARY PAGE?

16. 16 Posted by KEN BROOMFIELD on 04 Jul, 2020 04:19 PM

Hi Derek

I can handle the double entry so leave that as it is. First the MD Summary page has listed in it a list of stock prices. Those two stocks are not in it yet they are in QL. The absence is causing inaccurate figures elsewhere.

Ken

17. 17 Posted by derekkent23 on 04 Jul, 2020 04:35 PM

Hi Ken

To ensure that a security appears on the summary page in the “Security Price” list click TOOLS – SECURITIES - double click subject security – EDIT and ensure the “Show on summary page” box is ticked. There absence should not cause inaccurate figures elsewhere.

In situations where you have a security in two investment accounts, but only one updates when you run Quote Loader, you have set things up incorrectly.

Under TOOLS – SECURITIES you have set up two instances of the same security, using the same ticker symbol, this is the reason for the problem.

You should only ever set up one instance of a security with a given ticker symbol under TOOLS – SECURITIES. You can then add this security to more than one investment account.

To correct this situation, proceed as follows:

Determine which of the investment accounts has the least transactions related to the subject security
    1. In the investment account SECURITY DETAIL tab use the drop down to select the subject security. Click HISTORY then EDIT and change the name of the Security to CHANGE ME.
    2. Then in the same investment account SECURITY DETAIL tab, click ADD SECURITY and add the subject security to the account.
    3. Now click on the REGISTER tab and select the transactions that contain CHANGE ME in the SECURITY field using the dropdown to select the subject security. You need to do this everywhere a transaction contains CHANGE ME.
    4. Back in the SECURITY DETAIL tab click on REMOVE SECURITY and select CHANGE ME in the dropdown. Then click OK.
    Done, now when you check under TOOLS – SECURITIES there is only one subject security and when you use Quote Loader both investment accounts are updated.

Another user had the same issue. In his case he had the security “Vanguard Short-Term Bond Index Fund ETF Shares” duplicated under TOOLS – SECURITIES.
    I put together a YouTube video that showed the corrective action I had laid out for him. Take a look it will help you to understand the corrective process. Use this link to go to a YouTube video. https://youtu.be/Mulo9XkklAY

Hope this helps.

18. 18 Posted by KEN BROOMFIELD on 04 Jul, 2020 06:13 PM

Hello Derek

I will look at the double entry later but have corrected the problem with the missing two securities. Thanks for your help.

Ken

19. 19 Posted by derekkent23 on 04 Jul, 2020 06:19 PM

Hi Ken

Let me know how you get on.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac