Reconciling my account

David Slater

02 Jul, 2020 03:16 PM

I'm just trying to reconcile my bank current account. When I go to Reconcile the starting balance is completely wrong, by about £50,000. Last time I reconciled the account (last week) it balanced correctly, and the closing balance was correct. How did this happen? How can I amend the starting figure to the correct tone?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 02 Jul, 2020 06:44 PM

Hello,

The Beginning Statement Balance on the reconcile window is a calculated value:

Beginning Balance = Initial Balance of the Account + Cleared Deposits - Cleared Payments

The only way the beginning balance would have changed is if one of those three factors changed since the last time you reconciled.

Is it possible that you have done any of the following since the last reconcile?

-Modified the amount of a transaction that was already marked as cleared. -Deleted a transaction that was already marked as cleared. -Manually cleared a transaction in the intervening time. -Deleted a category that contained cleared transactions. -Deleted an account that had transfers to or from the account you are reconciling. -Changed the "Initial balance" on the account under Account --> Edit Account. -Manually marked a cleared transaction as uncleared.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac