reloading Moneydance data after buying new computer

Penelope Easten

11 Jul, 2020 08:33 AM

I have downloaded the version of Moneydance, 2014 as I had on my old computer, and get a screen inviting me to open other. When I click on this, and then attempt to open the data files saaved across from the other computer, nothing happens. Some of the files read
root.mdinternal-2020-07-03 - I presume these are the ones that have the data in them, I have tried clicking on all the files that are there and nothing happens with any of them. Am I doing something wrong?

1. 1 Posted by Penelope Easten on 11 Jul, 2020 08:33 AM

See above. I was following your help sheet but have got stuck

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 11 Jul, 2020 08:52 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Filenames of the form root.mdinternal-yyyy-mm-dd are checkpoint file i.e. a point in time copy of the data file, they are normally in the folder checkpt which sits inside your data set. The current data file should be called root.mdinternal and should sit inside of a folder with the name format of YourDataSetName.moneydance.

A checkpoint file can be used if the current data file is missing or corrupt but it needs to be moved to the correct location and have the appended date removed from the name.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac