Stock price update has a significant delay of 3 weeks

Jerry

11 Jul, 2020 09:45 PM

Hi,

I have the latest version of MD 2019.3, and I use Alphavantage to update stock prices. I chick the update now button almost everyday, and I noticed that, the stock price update has a significant delay.

E.g. as of today 7/11, stock price is still only updated to 6/19 for Facebook stock.

The delay used to be 2 weeks (I thought that's already intolerant, but I was just too lazy to file a bug), and now it's getting longer.

Any idea why? Thanks!
Jerry

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 11 Jul, 2020 10:06 PM

I'm a fellow user.

AlphaVanatge has been problematic for some time now, their actions seem to be a way to get people to sign up for the paid service. I really doubt that there is much that Moneydance could do to make it function any better, the last change was to really extend the timer between calls to stop the service giving errors because of the imposed timeouts thus making it extremely slow. I tried it a few weeks ago and it was not returning any new prices for shares on the ASX.

I can only suggest you move to using the alternative Quote Loader extension, it uses different sources and has many options, details in:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the-new-quote-loader#comment_48442233

2. 2 Posted by Jerry on 12 Jul, 2020 08:11 PM

Hmmm, just installed Quote Loader, and just realized that it offers all the functions i need: historical and current prices for stocks and mutual funds. I cannot even remember why I used Alphavantage from beginning...

Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 12 Jul, 2020 08:56 PM

At the time AlphaVantage was the only option.

4. 4 Posted by Jerry on 12 Jul, 2020 09:44 PM

Hmmm, thanks dwg! Glad I asked the question and got to know the Quote Loader option! I did remember Alphavantage was the only option when we were forced to use it.

Wish you have a good day.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2020-07-11_at_2.43.51_PM.png 154 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac