report heading

Derek

09 Aug, 2020 02:52 PM

Since upgrading to version 2020(1918) column headings in reports scroll out of sight when scrolling down a report making reading reports difficult.

1. 1 Posted by sth on 09 Aug, 2020 08:03 PM

This appears to be a bug in switching to an HTML rendering engine. It has been fixed that the report title remains in place but not the column headings.

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 09 Aug, 2020 08:37 PM

Per the change log...

• Set column headers to "sticky" when saving a report to an html file

Seems like it's only if you 'Save' the report.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 09 Aug, 2020 09:41 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi All

I reported the heading issue to Sean at the end of July and this was his response.

“yeah... that's a tougher one. I don't think that's going to make it in the (free upgrade) 2020 release, which I really need to get out ASAP. I also plan for a 2021 release, which I'll try to get that into."

Hope this helps

4. 4 Posted by sth on 09 Aug, 2020 09:53 PM

Interesting, I would assume that since reports are now an HTML renderer that making the column headers "sticky" in the save file would also make them sticky in the MD display.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Sean Reilly on 11 Aug, 2020 08:49 PM

Yes, the problem is that the html viewer that is used for the reports is apparently not aware of the "sticky" css attribute that's now used in the headers. There are a couple of embedded browser options which will likely address this, so this will be a short term issue.

Thanks!
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

6. 6 Posted by Derek Harris on 03 Sep, 2020 09:18 PM

Thanks, now fixed with the latest update. Very confusing when the headers disappear when scrolling down some reports.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac