Alphavantage Incorrect information

mfuente

11 Aug, 2020 05:40 PM

Hello, my name is Martin Fuente, I am Moneydance users for several years. I would like to inform that since a couple of months Alphavantage API is not providing accurate information for Currency ID .CRC (Colon - Costa Rica)

The correct rate is around 0.0016949 and Alphavantage is not updating the rate or is updating using 0.017 causing a problem with all balances.

I stopped the exchange rate automatic update from now.

Thanks for your help.

1. 1 Posted by mfuente on 11 Aug, 2020 07:00 PM

I am adding an image after Alpha vantage daily execution.
    As you can see the information is incorrect. CRC exchange rate is (0.0016949) and Alpha Vantage is updating using (0.106816)

Thanks for your help.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 11 Aug, 2020 09:17 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Many of us have stopped using the Quotes and Exchange Rate Extension because of the increasing unreliability of AlphaVantage and instead using the Quote Loader extension, again installed through the Manage Extensions menu.

Documentation on this extension can be found at:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the-new-quote-loader#comment_48442233

3. 3 Posted by mfuente on 11 Aug, 2020 09:57 PM

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I already installed it and it is working good.

I really appreciate your help.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 11 Aug, 2020 09:58 PM

You are very welcome.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac