Moneydance 2020 Reports - Am missing manual column width adjustment

RobS

13 Aug, 2020 10:18 PM

I realise that the ability to manually resize columns for reports has been removed in the 2020 update, but I wonder if this decision can be reconsidered?

I find that especially with reports having just two columns, eg an Income and Expense report, the columns are so far apart that it is difficult to read across to determine which value relates to which category. And even budget reports, with three columns of numbers can't be 'read at a glance' as used to be possible because there is too much scanning across to relate the figures to each other.

I used to set up my memorised reports with the column widths minimised as far as practicable, and they were simple to read.

I hope this can be at least thought about.

Thanks,

RobS

1. 1 Posted by sth on 14 Aug, 2020 12:43 AM

This is not possible yet due to moving to the HTML rendering for reports. This gives a more consistent way to present reports but has removed some functionality. It was not an arbitrary decision and not easy to recreate this functionality. The developer might consider resizing columns on two column reports.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac