A graph's x-axis doesn't always match the report's "Group By" setting.

JohnB

20 Sep, 2020 04:51 PM

When setting a "Group By" value for a graph, I expected the graph's X-axis to match the "Group By" value.

For example, for "Group By Month", I expect to see "05-2019 , 06-2019 , 07-2019 , ..."

If the Moneydance window is small, the labels are what I expect. But, if I maximize Moneydance, the labels become duplicated. It looks like: "08-2019 , 09-2019 , 09-2019 , 10-2019 , 10-2019 , ..."

Playing around with other "Group By" options, I observed some other oddities:

• For "Group by Quarter", I expected an X-axis that looks like "03-2019 , 06-2019 , ...". Instead, the graph shows monthly labels, and the quarter actually starts from today's date (e.g. "07-2019 , 10-2019"), not the actual calendar quarter.
  • For "Group by Year", I expected an X-axis that looks like "2018 , 2019, ...". That graph also uses monthly labels.

Is there a way to force Moneydance to use a specific X-axis interval?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 22 Sep, 2020 02:56 PM

Hi John,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

Can you let me know which operating system you're running on your computer/s?

Thank you

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by JohnB on 26 Oct, 2020 02:48 AM

Here's the details your requested. Just upgraded to v2021 and confirmed the issue I reported is still happening.

Moneydance 2021 (2006)
    Windows 10 Pro 19041.572
    Screen resolution: 1920x1080

Thanks.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 26 Oct, 2020 02:16 PM

Hi John,
    Unfortunately this is a known bug in Moneydance. There's an existing ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, so I've attached it to this discussion and the developers will be looking into it.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• duplicate-monthly-labels.PNG 45.9 KB
  • expected-monthly-labels.PNG 36 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac