Upraded to Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

John Greany

26 Sep, 2020 09:24 AM

Having completed the upgrade on Mac OS I now cannot run my Moneydance 2019 I have been running Moneydance for several years and now it wants me to start all over again. Says it cannot find my latest file.

1. 1 Posted by jeff_l on 26 Sep, 2020 02:32 PM

Having updated your Mac’s OS, you will now also need to update Moneydance. The latest version is 2020.2 (1929) download it off this website or the App store depending on where you original purchased MD.

Hopefully, after installing the new version, MD will automatically find your Data Set. If you moved your data from the default location to somewhere else, you will need to use Mac OS Finder to locate your *.moneydance Data set.

Fellow user

2. 2 Posted by John Greany on 26 Sep, 2020 03:40 PM

Thanks Jeff

I had in fact already tried this but for some reason the downloaded v20.2 refuses to star - dies not recognise the file type!

I will try it again now.

John

3. 3 Posted by John Greany on 26 Sep, 2020 03:55 PM

Jeff

When I start Moneydance 2 the dialogue ends up with a long code and says “enter the code into moneydance” however I cannot get into Moneydance to paste the code in. What next?
    John

4. 4 Posted by jeff_l on 26 Sep, 2020 04:18 PM

John
    I think you will need to provide a screen grab of what you are seeing, as what you describe is difficult to envisage or diagnose. Is this a MacOS or MD dialogue?

Jeff

5. 5 Posted by John Greany on 26 Sep, 2020 04:58 PM

Jeff

I have got part of the way and am into a version of MD however it is not my most recently saved file. The code given by MD was:

zuSvKatfU3AAAAAAAAAAHbPnQ7kBsmBMxpJ61AfcyZc/ I do not think that is now required.

The file I am looking for is: (Sorry hope I’ve got it right)

/Users/Pin2/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads/ADBCF000-cc51-4DIR-888F-75F143 CD07c9/JMG 2014.moneydance/key(operation not permitted)

Have I in error refused some permission?

Hope you can understand this

John

6. 6 Posted by John Greany on 26 Sep, 2020 05:12 PM

Jeff

I think I’ve just about got there. I may have missed one day’s transactions but it is pretty well Ok now.

Sorry to have been such a nuisance - I don't know why I was unable to open the most recent back up.

Yours
    John

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac