ACTION and MEMORIZE buttons not displayed in registers

Philip

01 Oct, 2020 04:38 PM

In the Entering Transactions into Moneydance tutorial screen, there are references to click the Actions and Memorize buttons in the account registers. I do not see these buttons in the register.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 01 Oct, 2020 05:02 PM

Hi Phillip,

The 'Action' reference likely pertains to the 'Action' column. The 'Action' column is only offered in the 'Register' of an investment account.

'Memorize' has been updated so as to read 'Create Reminder from Transaction'. The option is attained via the right-click menu (CTRL-click for Macs)

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Philip Wiener on 01 Oct, 2020 07:49 PM

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the reply. An Action column would be very desirable (eliminates some extra mouse movement/selections) although if it is only is available in investment registers, I can live with that.

I don’t believe that the Create Reminder from Transaction is the same as Memorize. The r;eminders are more like scheduled transactions. What I am trying to do is to access and edit the list of previous transactions that can be displayed by clicking on the down-arrow of the keyboard after starting to type text in the Description field of a register. My purpose is to delete unnecessary transactions from the list to clean it up, and to correct the spelling or associated memo or category fields of these recorded/memorized transactions.

Regards

Philip

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 01 Oct, 2020 08:49 PM

I'm a fellow user.

There is no list of previous transaction in Moneydance. What Moneydance does is build the list on the fly from entered and confirmed transactions.

4. 4 Posted by Philip Wiener on 01 Oct, 2020 09:24 PM

Sigh!!!

It would be nice to be able to clean up the list presented by editing out one-time transactions and transactions that are obsolete.

Philip

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac