Moneydance Stopped Downloading Transactions From Charles Schwab

Raymond Danahy

19 Oct, 2020 08:16 PM

I have a checking account, a brokerage account and an IRA account at Charles Schwab. I usually download transactions for each of these accounts once per week (Saturday). Transactions from each of these accounts downloaded normally on Oct. 10. However, on Oct. 17, none of the Schwab accounts downloaded any transactions. Outside of Moneydance, I looked at the Schwab site and there were transactions in each of the accounts that occurred after my last successful download. The bottom of the register window displays the message "Transactions Downloading." After a few seconds, the message disappears and no new transactions appear in the register. In the past, if there were no new transactions, I would get the message "Downloaded zero new transactions." So it appears that MD recognizes that there are new transactions. But they are not downloading. Account transactions from other banks and credit cards download properly. Only my Schwab accounts are affected.

I run MD version 2020.1 (1928) on a Windows 10 desktop computer. Do you have any suggestions for how to resolve this problem?
Ray Danahy

Showing page 7 out of 7. View the first page

1. 181 Posted by Steve on 18 Dec, 2020 02:35 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Moneydance Stopped Downloading Transactions From Charles Schwab

Followed post #155 by Maddy -- I still cannot download from Schwab -- NO changes have been made to Schwab account --

I have Moneydance 2021 [3030] -- only build that I can get!

I have shutdown MD and restarted computer -- using OSX Big Sur -- Problem also existed under OSX Catalina.

Any suggestions? Thx

2. 182 Posted by Frank Hostler on 19 Dec, 2020 05:14 PM

Sean

Do you have a rough idea how much longer the connection will take.

Frank

3. 183 Posted by Randy Benjamin on 23 Dec, 2020 04:23 PM

I have upgraded to V.2021 (3030). The connection to Charles Schwab Bank seems to work fine now, but the connection to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. still does not download any transactions. I still get the ":Downloading..." but no transactions come through. And I followed the instructions to Disconnect and start a new connection.

So banking transactions, yes; investment account transactions, no.

4. 184 Posted by dtd on 24 Dec, 2020 12:12 AM

just a user here

All my Schwab accounts work (both bank and investment - I have 1 bank, 4 investment)

Indeed bank accounts use Charles Schwab Bank, and investment accounts use Charles Schwab & Co.

I personally just had to be patient and it started working again. However I have seen some have to start over (strangely enough, I had to do that recently with 2 Chase accounts, so I do understand the frustration of it not working.

What I did with Chase - since I simply could not get it to work, was to create a test account, and link via that (vs. trying to fix the account that wasn't working) When that worked (and no harm no foul on the OFX downloads as each account sets up the matching). I at least knew something was wrong with the account, not with the Chase connection.

It also helped me see the "process" again - i.e. proper startup, linking, mapping, and so on, which the other accounts didn't show very well. For me, it was setting up logins/passwords carefully - as I had four chase login ids.

Your mileage may vary, but trying a Shwab investment download with a test account (or a test database) at least helped me to grasp what I was doing right or wrong, or what MD seemed to be doing right or wrong.

5. 185 Posted by sth on 24 Dec, 2020 02:24 AM

On build 3030 it works fine for me for banking and multiple investment accounts. I did not even have to setup the online banking again. But I had done it recently so the data may have been up to date.

Try using the Toolbox extension to delete completely the Schwab accounts and then set them up again. Toolbox can run several diagnostics and show info about the account book.

6. 186 Posted by dtd on 24 Dec, 2020 04:27 AM

I don't think Stuart's Toolbox extension is official yet, so you may have to indicate where it is. Hope it's official soon.

7. 187 Posted by sca957 on 12 Jan, 2021 11:19 PM

Having an issue downloading from Schwab since Sept. 2020. Counsel window shows:

uh oh, we've gotten some OFX with no headers: <HTML>
    Unhandled OFX message set: HEAD
    Unhandled OFX message set: BODY
    Schwab says to contact my financial tool provider.

I'm running on Moneydance v2021

8. 188 Posted by dwg on 12 Jan, 2021 11:48 PM

You do not indicate what build you are using, but you will need a preview build, the latest of which can be found at:

https://infinitekind.com/preview

9. 189 Posted by Mary on 25 Jan, 2021 05:57 AM

Thanks for this thread! I was able to finally fix this problem :-)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac