downloaded free trial, now can't find on computer

Kathryn Walsh

03 Jan, 2010 09:42 PM

I just downloaded the free trial, but then my windows computer said it didn't have a valid publisher and I shouldn't run the software. So, since, I am a big computer idiot and this scared me, I clicked on "Don't Run." But now I'm thinking maybe my computer is just being paranoid, but I can't find anything to click on to now run the software. Help me! I am a tech dummy!

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 04 Jan, 2010 03:51 PM

Hi Kathryn

The place where your computer put the download is dependent on your browsers settings. Sometimes it puts it on the desktop. Sometimes it puts in a folder called downloads. If you cannot find it you can just download it again. Here is the link:

http://moneydance.com/other

With regard to the warning that windows gave you. It is not so much about your computer being paranoid. It is more to do with Microsoft trying to get software developers locked into their platform. Microsoft have a program software developers can sign up for to get an official stamp of approval from Microsoft. Given that Moneydance is developed for a multitude of operating systems we do not go to the trouble of getting approval from Microsoft. Our software is quite safe for you to install.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by Kathryn Walsh on 05 Jan, 2010 04:51 PM

Thank you!
    ----- Original Message -----
    <[email blocked]>
    To: <[email blocked]>
    Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:51 AM
    Subject: Re: downloaded free trial, now can't find on computer [Problems]

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 05 Jan, 2010 04:59 PM

You are welcome!
    Ben

4. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 05 Jan, 2010 04:59 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac