Latest version crashes

Charles Nestle

23 Oct, 2020 09:02 PM

I'm running mac OS 10.15.7 on a mac pro (2013), and just downloaded the latest update. When I hit the enter key to save a transaction, Moneydance crashes. I've tried it several times with the same result, including after rebooting the computer. In the meantime, I've reinstalled Moneydance 2019, and that's working fine.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 23 Oct, 2020 09:05 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The Moneydance developer has provided the following information on this issue:

- It happens on macOS (all versions as far as I can tell) primarily but not necessarily only when there is an external display connected.

- The crash is at the java/vm level so we'll need the fix to come from there. A new build of the AdoptOpenJDK is due out any day now

- This same crash is affecting other java apps with much more widespread use so people are working on it and I'm confident that a newer openjdk build (see above) will fix it.

----

I checked and a new build of AdoptOpenJDK was due on Oct 20 I can only conclude that this Mac issue has delayed it.

2. 2 Posted by spagel1495 on 23 Oct, 2020 09:17 PM

I'm a fellow user and reported this to the Moneydance team as well, but through a private posting. Good to know that the crash is a known issue that is being worked.

3. 3 Posted by Charles Nestle on 23 Oct, 2020 09:20 PM

Thank you!

4. 4 Posted by spagel1495 on 25 Nov, 2020 01:40 PM

hi @dwg. Has there been any status update from the Moneydance developer? I'm wondering if there is a way to apply the AdoptOpenJDK ourselves, or if there is some coding required.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 25 Nov, 2020 01:45 PM

Hi all,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

The latest free preview version should hopefully fix the problem for you.

Moneydance 2021 (2008) is now available to download from this page.

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

6. Maddy closed this discussion on 25 Nov, 2020 01:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac