Transactions Not Showing Up in Reports

diane.franklin

05 Jan, 2010 03:08 PM

I'm a new MD user and am experimenting with the program by entering transactions every day. I noticed that when I entered a transaction as a split transaction, neither of the split transaction items showed up in my Transaction report. I then read the Forums and discovered this was a general problem with MD.

To try to remedy this problem, I went back to one of the split transactions, deleted the split, and recategorized the transaction using only a single category. I put the split information in the Memo field. This is not a satisfactory solution since I frequently have a lot of business-related transactions that have to be split between and item and the shipping for that item, but I thought I'd try it as a test.

I then ran a new Transaction report and the item that I had recategorized, using a single category, STILL did not show up in the Transaction report. This seems to be a serious flaw. Am I doing something wrong here? What do I have to do to get those changed transactions to show up in reports?

Diane

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 05 Jan, 2010 04:12 PM

Hi Diane

I am not able to reproduce the problem you are describing. On my test machine split transactions are included in the transaction report as I would expect them to. Please make sure that the date range you are using for the transaction report is correct and that you are running the report on the correct account. If after double checking the report options the transactions are still not showing up do you thing you could attach some screen shots show the transaction in the register and the options used in the report. Press the print screen button on your keyboard to take a screen shot.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by Diane Franklin on 05 Jan, 2010 04:27 PM

HI Ben,

You are correct, and the mistake was mine. I hadn't realized that the split
    transactions had been entered in the last days of 2009. When I changed the
    date range to Last 12 months, the split transactions showed up. This is
    reassuring since I do a lot of split transactions and need to be able to see
    them in reports.

Thanks for your help.

Diane

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 05 Jan, 2010 04:47 PM

Hi Diane

You are welcome. I had a similar experience when the year rolled over to 2010.

Ben

4. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 05 Jan, 2010 04:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac