Memo in split not showing in report

tonyt

21 Nov, 2020 03:58 PM

Hi
I have several entries using the same memo. If i run a transaction filter report on the memo field, all is well. However, if I then create a split transaction, and only one of the splits has the same memo, it does not show up in the report.
Help appreciated..
Cheers...

1. 1 Posted by tonyt on 23 Nov, 2020 07:00 AM

Anyone?

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Nov, 2020 08:26 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

Me too! It's a quirk (report bug perhaps?) in the way that splits are handled. The split Memo is sitting on on the split, which exists in the 'other' side of the txn. The other side is sitting in the category (which is actually an Account under the covers) that you specified. Thus, if you change the options to OR, I think you will find it appears (along with other real accounts you didn't want that also have Memos with the same name you are filtering). Best bet is to extract all to spreadsheet.

3. 3 Posted by tonyt on 23 Nov, 2020 11:37 AM

Thanks Stuart
    I am happy to export to spreadsheet, but how do I suck out all the entries with a common memo if some are 'hiding' in a split. Have tried and given up the struggle!
    Cheers
    tonyt

4. 4 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Nov, 2020 12:41 PM

As I said, select OR not AND......

5. 5 Posted by tonyt on 23 Nov, 2020 05:44 PM

Hi Stuart
    I am attaching the settings for the report, the report results and the entry with a hidden split. The common memo is X20 as you can see. It is still not showing in the report. Any ideas?

6. 6 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Nov, 2020 05:45 PM

You haven't ticked Show Splits in the options...!!

7. 7 Posted by tonyt on 23 Nov, 2020 05:50 PM

I have now ticked it and still nothing shows?

8. 8 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Nov, 2020 05:53 PM

Out of interest = what happens if you select an account (leave it at OR)..?

9. 9 Posted by tonyt on 25 Nov, 2020 12:42 PM

Hi Stuart
    I get all the account entries, not filtered by memo. Also, I have the memo in two different accounts! Any more ideas?
    Cheers...

10. 10 Posted by tonyt on 25 Nov, 2020 12:50 PM

I can find the hidden split entry by using search from the summary page, but it showas the full amount, not just ths split item. When I generate report the whole entry is dropped. So as far as I can see there is no way to suck out all the memos from two accounts if one is a hidden split. If this is true, is there another way I could reference these entries so I CAN get them out?
    Cheers again...

11. 11 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 25 Nov, 2020 12:57 PM

What version MD?
    What OS; what version?

12. 12 Posted by tonyt on 25 Nov, 2020 05:14 PM

Hu
    Mac OS 10.14.6
    MD 2020.1 (1928)
    Hope that might help
    Cheers...

13. 13 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 26 Nov, 2020 02:25 PM

Works for me fine as I suggested with OR and just selecting Account and X20 - see my screen shots with your data

14. Melissa closed this discussion on 07 Dec, 2020 05:03 PM.

15. Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER re-opened this discussion on 20 Dec, 2020 11:45 AM

16. 14 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Dec, 2020 11:45 AM

Hi, does this extract script help you?

17. 15 Posted by tonyt on 20 Dec, 2020 05:22 PM

Hi
    What version of MD do I need? Am on MD 2021 (2006) and latest Mojave / Mac. Also asked about this for the extract reminders script / extension by mistake as I have that working fine as a script at present.
    Cheers

18. 16 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Dec, 2020 05:37 PM

Preview 2021.3030

19. 17 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Dec, 2020 05:40 PM

Ps. This is a brand new script. It works ok on my dataset. Will be interested in your findings.

20. 18 Posted by tonyt on 21 Dec, 2020 09:57 AM

Hi Stuart
    Still not finding that hidden split where one split has no memo and the other X20. The amount is £30.95 for the entry, but only one of the splits has X20 as a memo. None of that entry id found with the script. Hope that’s clear as mud?
    Cheers…

21. 19 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Dec, 2020 11:38 AM

That's a bug! Haha... How funny that a bug in my code gave you the same problem as the standard reports.... It's the difference between a 'break' and a 'continue' (but hey I was hoping for a break!!). I reproduced the problem with your data and I have fixed the issue (quite rare dataset).. updated build 5 attached. Let me know? S

22. 20 Posted by tonyt on 21 Dec, 2020 05:28 PM

Hi Stuart

It now finds the entry with two splits, one with and one without memo = X20. Unfortunately it only shows the total amount of the entry, not just the split part.
    Would it be possible for this to be done? Also, would be great if splits showed in spreadsheet? Maybe just too much to hope for. I am no coder so really have no idea what I am talking about - a load of work no doubt if a) possible and B) worth it!
    Anyway, whatever, thanks for all your hard work, quick responses and continued efforts on our behalf.
    Cheers...

23. 21 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Dec, 2020 05:36 PM

Hi, there are two columns. The first is total amount and then there is split amount. Have you looked at this split amount column? The splits are in the spreadsheet in the splits columns...? Let me know?

24. 22 Posted by tonyt on 21 Dec, 2020 05:49 PM

Hi
    You are, of course, correct! My bad for not looking at ALL the data, just what I wanted to see! It is ideal for what I want and many thanks again!!!
    Cheers...

25. 23 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Dec, 2020 05:52 PM

<phew!> 

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac