Apple Silicon MacBook Air/Big Sur

Tom Schreiner

28 Nov, 2020 02:29 AM

I recently received my new MacBook Air with the Apple M1 chip, 16gb RAM. I have been using MoneyDance on an Intel based MacBook for years. I downloaded MoneyDance ver 2021 on the new MacBook Air. I was able to transfer my data file and open it. Then Big Sur was updated to 11.0.1. Since then MoneyDance opens to the Welcome Screen, but crashes if I try to do anything to move on from the Welcome Screen

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 28 Nov, 2020 02:40 AM

I'm a fellow user.

When using Big Sur with Moneydance 2021, at this point in time, you should ensure:

1. You should be using the preview Build 2008 as it corrects a MacOS issue that is in the version of Java that is included in Build 2006, the preview build can be obtained from:

https://infinitekind.com/preview

2. In the Mac System Preferences, General section, the option "Prefer tabs [always] when opening documents" should be changed from "always" to never or "in full screen".

In the longer term a stable version should be released that resolves these issues, however at the moment I believe there are other significant issues around online banking that are taking priority and given there is a simple approach that can be taken to deal with the Mac issues it does not have the same priority.

If after ensuring you have done these changes you are still having problems perhaps you can provide more detail as to what you are doing and what is happening.

2. 2 Posted by Tom Schreiner M... on 28 Nov, 2020 11:25 AM

Thanks, I appreciate the help. Got it working.

Sent from my iPad

3. Melissa closed this discussion on 30 Nov, 2020 08:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac