Accounts marked "Hide on Home Page (If Balance is Zero)" Still Show Up On Latest Build

jsmit24

07 Jan, 2010 02:28 AM

This just started happening when I downloaded the update (2010r2 (735)). Completely empty (no transactions at all, no opening balance) show up even when marked "hide on home page (if balance is zero)." This is a new issue that I didn't have before this update.

Thanks,
Jeff Smith

1. 1 Posted by Noname on 07 Jan, 2010 03:03 AM

This has been discussed before in other posts. You'll need to manually take the account(s) out of the side bar if you don't want them showing. MD is set up as per below (according to MD staff):

I checked in with the developer and they had this to say:

"in fact [the side bar in] 2010r2 now ignores that option since people have the option of manually excluding any accounts they like from the sidebar. I also decided that it would be too disorienting for the sidebar contents jumped around as balances changed (went to zero and back)"

So it is not a bug it is a deliberate change in functionality.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by jsmit24 on 07 Jan, 2010 03:11 AM

Well...

Thanks for your reply, but this is not as desirable as the other option, because in the case of credit cards that may have a zero balance for long periods and then download a transaction, it would be nice if they automatically reappeared.

But thanks for letting me know how it works now.

Jeff

3. 3 Posted by Alan Peggs on 07 Jan, 2010 04:32 PM

How does one reinstate an account to the sidebar which has previously been removed manually

4. 4 Posted by Noname on 07 Jan, 2010 04:37 PM

There's a "+" sign alongside a "-" in the lower left hand corner of the screen (under the side bar). Click the "+" and a pop up will display the available accounts you can add to the side bar. Select the account you want to add and hit the "add" button.

5. 5 Posted by Alan Peggs on 07 Jan, 2010 05:09 PM

Many thanks - I hope the promised User Manual will be published soon.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac