Desert Financial Credit Union

Roger Rice

22 Dec, 2020 01:08 PM

I'm not getting any data from Desert Financial for about a month now. I've tried resetting, reinitializing, etc. I get no obvious error, just no data.

Anyone else seeing this?

1. 1 Posted by Roger Rice on 22 Dec, 2020 01:13 PM

account: Joint Checking; serviceType: 4; service: Desert Financial Credit Union; mode=banking
    uh oh, we've gotten some OFX with no headers: <html style="height:100%">
    Warning: unidentified entity: &xinfo=10-38161922-0%200NNN%20RT%281608642228944%2063%29%20q%280%20-1%20-1%20-1%29%20r%280%20-1%29%20B15%2811%2c1337223%2c0%29%20U6&incident_id=225000300081305958-144194670755383178&edet=15&cinfo=0b000000&rpinfo=0
    Unhandled OFX message set: HEAD

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 22 Dec, 2020 01:28 PM

Hi Roger,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Unfortunately, other customers are reporting the same issue and it's likely that Desert Financia are making some changes to their system.

We've filed a ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue and the developers are currently looking into it.

For the time being, the best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download files from your bank's web site.

We'd recommend you download using the OFX or QFX file format if available. If not, use the QIF file format. (These files are sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files). You can import the files to Moneydance using File --> Import.
    The steps for manually importing your data are outlined in this article from the knowledge base.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Roger Rice on 16 Jan, 2021 01:27 PM

Hi. It's been a month since I reported this. How is the work progressing?

4. 4 Posted by sth on 16 Jan, 2021 07:02 PM

Have you checked with Desert financial that they have made changes to their system? Do they no longer allow direct connect?

5. 5 Posted by Roger Rice on 16 Jan, 2021 08:31 PM

https://www.desertfinancial.com/Quicken

all looks normal on their website.

this same thing happened two years ago and it took MD almost six months to fix it, look up the previous thread if your interested.

6. 6 Posted by sth on 16 Jan, 2021 11:40 PM

They don't always publish things on the website. TBH they may have updated expired certificates and done other behind the scenes actions. Schwab changed their whole data format and there was no indication on the web site.

You can check a few things but it looks like DFCU is returning an ordinary web page rather than an OFX file. There isn't much MD can do if the data isn't there.

To check more deeply, open the console window, wait until it is not scrolling any more. Clear the console, then do an attempt to download from DFCU. That should give more info about exactly what the problem is. Since the developer probably does not have an account at DCFU this would help.
    (Not IK Support)

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Maddy on 18 Jan, 2021 10:04 AM

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your query, Roger!

Can you try upgrading to the latest preview version, as this should hopefully fix the problem for you?

Moneydance 2021.1 (3034) is now available to download from this page.

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

After running the update, you may have to recreate the connection with your bank. You will need to disable your current connection and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Select your bank account in Moneydance

2. Select Online --> Setup Online Banking
    3. Click the "Disable" button. If you don't see this button, just close the window.

4. Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
    5. Select Online --> Setup Online Banking (again)

6. Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    7. Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

Make sure you pick "New Connection", even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the long list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let us know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection and we'll troubleshoot further.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by Roger Rice on 18 Jan, 2021 01:46 PM

I'm already running 3034 due to last months Fidelity issue.
    I've recreated the connection and still have no connectivity to Desert Financial.

I've attached my logs.

9. 9 Posted by Roger Rice on 18 Jan, 2021 01:54 PM

From the log:

Unrecognized cookie parameter: SameSite -> None
    loaded cookie from https://fs-services.1fsapi.com/eftxweb/dsfcu.ofx : visid_incap_1006893=DXUxF2wWRn+089dHhVZ51K6QBWAAAAAAQUIPAAAAAACg0VW99pQn2+HSs1ANyEyL; expires=Tue, 18 Jan 2022 08:10:01 GMT; HttpOnly; path=/; Domain=.1fsapi.com; Secure; SameSite=None -> visid_incap_1006893=DXUxF2wWRn+089dHhVZ51K6QBWAAAAAAQUIPAAAAAACg0VW99pQn2+HSs1ANyEyL; Tue, 18-Jan-2022 01:10:01 MST; path=%2F; domain=.1fsapi.com; secure
    Unrecognized cookie parameter: SameSite -> None
    loaded cookie from https://fs-services.1fsapi.com/eftxweb/dsfcu.ofx : incap_ses_1359_1006893=heTNGMeyciXVVxCzWiPcEq6QBWAAAAAAUnAy1lGu/f/pqLe+lyKgZQ==; path=/; Domain=.1fsapi.com; Secure; SameSite=None -> incap_ses_1359_1006893=heTNGMeyciXVVxCzWiPcEq6QBWAAAAAAUnAy1lGu/f/pqLe+lyKgZQ==; path=%2F; domain=.1fsapi.com; secure
    uh oh, we've gotten some OFX with no headers: <html style="height:100%">
    Warning: unidentified entity: &xinfo=13-23467703-0%200NNN%20RT%281610977454239%20106%29%20q%280%20-1%20-1%200%29%20r%280%20-1%29%20B15%2811%2c1337223%2c0%29%20U6&incident_id=1359000060017268693-78469885810639245&edet=15&cinfo=0b000000&rpinfo=0
    Unhandled OFX message set: BODY

10. 10 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 18 Jan, 2021 02:25 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

FYI - I see you’ve also got one of these errrors:

warning: unable to refresh FI info; error: java.lang.Exception: Got non-OK response when querying FI info: 404
    (404 means file not found)

I suspect MD is trying to get its updated setup from the web but can’t find the right file... but I don’t know if this is related to your actual problem.

FYI - if you have the moneydance view console window open whilst you download bank txns then you will get more information and the OFX output appearing in the console. This may be useful.

(Not support, just a fellow user)

11. 11 Posted by sth on 18 Jan, 2021 11:56 PM

What Stuart said, It appears you did not have the log window open when contacting DFCU.

The unable to refresh the DFCU setup may mean that you have very old financial institution data. Disable ALL DFCU accounts from the "online banking" menu. Use the toolbox extension to delete the DFCU financial institution.

Then setup the connection again, but search for DFCU in the list and then use it.

12. 12 Posted by Roger Rice on 19 Jan, 2021 02:28 AM

i already did that. I’ve been using MD for a long time and sadly know how direct connect is on life support and a finicky beast. i’m pretty familiar with the reset process. i seem to use all the unlucky institutions including fidelity, schwab, capital one 360, and discover. Every few months is another bank giving up on direct connect. but thank you for the suggestions!

hopefully MD will confirm that it isnt just a bad certificate again...

13. 13 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 19 Jan, 2021 05:47 AM

Are you able to rerun with the console window open all the time the download is happening? This creates Extra messages....

14. 14 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 19 Jan, 2021 06:17 AM

OK, I see for a start that MD does not recognise the Cookie parameter:
    SameSite=None
    At this point, the MD cookie checking stops...It is sending the Secure parameter though, so depending on where it stops, it may or may not be working....

I also get these:
    uh oh, we've gotten some OFX with no headers:
    Unhandled OFX message set: BODY
    (and I see lots of Mal-formed data from the bank).

Critically, within the extra info I also see an incident number and yours is:
    incident_id=1359000060017268693-78469885810639245
    On mine, I think it is suggesting to call them......?

So, again we need to see the extra info that your bank is sending, by running with the console window open...

I'm wondering whether the bank have changed the security or are requiring a different connection..?

(not support, just a fellow user)

15. 15 Posted by Roger Rice on 19 Jan, 2021 01:24 PM

Here is the latest log. Here's what I did:
    1. opened console
    2. used toolbox to delete "Desert Financial Credit Union"
    3. Searched for and added "Desert Financial Credit Union
    4. I'm prompted for my financial institutions user name.
    4. Attempted to download transactions.
    5. Saved error log
    6. Closed console.

Usually, you have to enter a password the first time but I'm never prompted for it.

16. 16 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 19 Jan, 2021 02:04 PM

I'm no expert, but this must be the reason...:

Reading message from https://fs-services.1fsapi.com/eftxweb/dsfcu.ofx
    >>>>>>>>
    Warning: unidentified entity:
    Request unsuccessful. Incapsula incident ID: 1359000060040590948-169454872441061773

It looks like it's rejecting the connection..... It does it for me too.. So, have the bank changed something to block unknown connections, implemented a new security method. You might have to call them.......

Anyone else with views here?

(Not support, just a fellow user)

17. 17 Posted by Roger Rice on 31 Jan, 2021 01:19 PM

So, 18 months ago when this same thing happened for the same institution (well, the effect but probably not the cause) there were a small handful of other users who were upset and vocal. This time, does that mean that I'm the only person effected?

Is no one else having this trouble?

Is this why MD/IK is ignoring this problem? Should I just pack up my bags and go after a decade of purchasing and supporting this software?

18. 18 Posted by Roger Rice on 31 Jan, 2021 01:41 PM

I found this link to a quicken user form: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882092/error-when-connecting-to-desert-financial-credit-union

It looks like quicken users noticed the problem last year right when I noticed it to. Following the thread, it sounds like quicken made some quick changes with the credit union and got things working again.

I'm assuming they didn't convert to web connect that quickly. It sounds like someone just tweaked a setting on one side or the other.

Would be nice if MD/IK would reach out to them after four months of this being a problem!

19. 19 Posted by Harry on 14 Feb, 2021 10:38 PM

Just switched to a Desert Financial credit card after USAA stopped working in MD. And, low and behold, Desert Financial doesn't work. Have sent a message to Desert Financial but doubt I'll get a much better response that I did from USAA. Really, really don't want to go back to Quicken.

20. 20 Posted by Roger Rice on 15 Feb, 2021 01:29 PM

Back in 2019, it took IK about 6 months to fix the last big issue with Desert Financial. This time, it's only been broken since October 20th, so we're just 4 months in to their process. They appear to triage these things according to the size of the population impacted. They got Schwab fixed pretty quickly but there is no sign they are working on this at all.

21. 21 Posted by Jason Mikkelsen on 16 Feb, 2021 03:19 AM

I'm still having this issue also and would love to elevate it somehow. I first reported it in mid-Nov, 2020, and upgraded the software specifically to address it. The support thread was made private as I sent logs from the console, but ultimately got no advice or solution. I've followed up to my private thread twice with no response. Can't somebody at MoneyDance pick up the phone, call Desert Financial, and find the solution??? It can't be that difficult if Quicken can fix it in a week, yet here we are 3 months later... Manually downloading transactions and manually using bill pay through the website is painful and putting me on the verge of switching to something that works.

22. 22 Posted by Roger Rice on 19 Feb, 2021 05:37 PM

I've run in to this with IK before. I haven't come up with the secret sauce that spurns them in to action. I really love their software (when it works) but direct connect is dying as very slow, very painful death. There is really no good alternative that IK can adopt. Quicken's webconnect is an expensive model that a small company like IK just can't take on. I think they have their head in the sand a bit and for whatever reason think that they can just ignore the problem away...

23. 23 Posted by Harry on 19 Feb, 2021 08:34 PM

I contacted Desert Financial citing the problem with Moneydance and specifically asked if they support Direct Connect. This is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting Cardmember Service via our website about your Visa Signature® account ending in xxxx.

You may download your transaction data to the following programs:

· Microsoft Excel
    · Quicken for Windows and Macintosh
    · QuickBooks for Windows and Macintosh

To complete this process, please click the Download Transactions link in the Account Summary section. If you’re unable to view the link, please maximize your browser window. On the next page, choose the dates to download and the software you are using. Click Download. Up to the last 18 months of transaction data can be downloaded in six-month increments.

It seems they have no idea what I'm talking about. This is one step better than the problem with USAA and Moneydance as USAA is only providing CSV downloads. I will limit my transactions with Desert Financial to those that give me a 5% cash back and use another card for everything else.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac