Transaction Filter Report does not report Tags that are within splits

Rich W

23 Dec, 2020 12:13 PM

I have added a Tag to all my transactions for the month of November and set my Transaction Filter Report to look for that Tag. This produces a report for all the transactions, however 2 of the transactions have splits in them. I have added the same Tag to each of the line items for the split, but when I run the Transaction Filter report with the Tag option, then the items that contain the splits are missing.

I have used the latest version 2021 (3030).

I have attached the image showing the selection criteria that I have used in the "Transaction Filter" report.

When I run the equivalent "Transactions" report - that does show the Splits that are associated to the Tag.

1. 1 Posted by tonyt on 23 Dec, 2020 12:29 PM

I have posted about this before too. See my post in Problems 'Memo in split not showing in report'. Sorry, dont know how to link my post here. The script Stuart posted there works a treat both with memos and tags. Give it a try. You must be on MD 2021 latest preview I think (3030) for it to work.
    Hope this helps...
    Cheers...

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Dec, 2020 12:36 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Yes, this is fiddly to do with the report when using multiple selection. Using OR will work, but then you get stuff you don't want.

HOWEVER, if you use my script, you can extract the tags....

Attached..... (either script or extension version)

Let me know?

3. 3 Posted by Rich W on 23 Dec, 2020 12:55 PM

Hi Stuart, Thank you for your post. I have seen your scripts before and yes I can see how they will work. I like everyone else using Moneydance really also want a reminders List which is what i am working on with my Tags .. and yes i know you have scripts for that as well, but I don't really need them to be out of the product into CSVs - I just want a Report that gives the information. I am struggling to see why the MD developers cant do this for us?

Anyway that said, I think the tags problem I have referred to in this issue ticket does look like a bug to me and i am hoping the developers can add it to the list of things to be resolved.

4. 4 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Dec, 2020 01:15 PM

Just a quick question... My Reminders script also runs to screen and no csv export is required. You can run this as an extension now... does this not work?

PS - I do agree that the reports should work....

5. 5 Posted by Rich W on 23 Dec, 2020 02:32 PM

To be honest Stuart, I haven't tried your solution as yet. I don't like downloading code and running it onto my machine and also to be honest I am not 100% how i would do it anyway not being an expert. I am looking into how I could use your code and trying to understand it.

I do use the extensions that are provided with Moneydance - maybe you could look at creating a reporting extension which has all these options in. As the MD developers don't seem interested in improving the reports, maybe this would be a good gap to fill?

6. 6 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Dec, 2020 02:50 PM

That’s fine, I understand your position. I’m actually waiting for Sean to load my extensions into ‘core’ moneydance. If you do decide to run them, and they are very safe and read only, then you have two options:
    1/ in moneydance menu/window/show moneybot console. Click open. Select the <file name>.py file. Click run (not run snippet). That’s it
    2/ moneydance menu/extensions/manage extensions/install from file (bottom line). Choose the <filename>.mxt file. Accept the messages. From then on just go menu extensions and select the option.

If you do decide to run them, let me know what you think is missing and I’ll consider including.

(You do know that most of the extensions are not written by moneydance staff..?)

7. 7 Posted by Rich W on 23 Dec, 2020 02:52 PM

Hi Stuart - for option 2) I can see Add from File .. is that the option?

8. 8 Posted by Rich W on 23 Dec, 2020 02:59 PM

Stuart - I get a lot of unsafe warning messages when I try to install the extension - I think I will wait until MD have signed it.

9. 9 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Dec, 2020 04:47 PM

Correct, add from file. Select the name.mxt file, then open.
    You will then get a warning that the extn is not signed. say yes.
    You will then see the description about the extn, say install extension.
    You will now see a red bar in MoneyDance, just click ignore.
    From now on, the extn is in the menu under extensions...

Good luck!!!

10. 10 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 03 Jan, 2021 04:22 PM

Hi Rich, FYI - IK have now signed my extension(s). You can download a signed version from here (the IK extension website):

https://infinitekind.com/app/md/extensions/extract_account_register...

11. 11 Posted by tonyt on 03 Jan, 2021 05:08 PM

Many thanks and good news. HNY!

12. 12 Posted by tonyt on 03 Jan, 2021 05:28 PM

Is extract reminders signed? I can't find it?
    Thks
    tonyt

13. 13 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 03 Jan, 2021 06:59 PM

14. 14 Posted by tonyt on 04 Jan, 2021 05:26 PM

The extract reminders and extract account registers extensions are not on the extensions page for MD as far as I can see, or in the 'manage extensions' drop down from within MD. Have I missed something here?
    Cheers

15. 15 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 04 Jan, 2021 05:48 PM

Hi, I don't know which page you are checking, but they are on this IK extensions page:
    https://infinitekind.com/app/md/extensions/

You are correct, they are not yet in the manage extensions drop down list - I am awaiting the developer to load them there - however, they are signed and on the IK page listed above..... (If they weren't signed, you would get the red banner in Moneydance).

16. 16 Posted by tonyt on 04 Jan, 2021 05:56 PM

Many thanks for the link, all good now!

17. 17 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 15 Feb, 2021 10:58 PM

FYI - All my extract scripts have now been consolidated into a single script/extension called extract_data. The old individual scripts have been decommissioned.

https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/

18. 18 Posted by Rich W on 01 May, 2021 09:25 AM

Hi Stuart - Wondered if you could confirm if your signed scripts can now be installed into the Core MD and appear on the extensions page as you stated on 23/12/20 - but you are then discussing the consolidation of the python scripts which again suggests they are outside of the product - I would appreciate your advice

19. 19 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 May, 2021 09:31 AM

My extensions are all signed by IK. The signed versions are here:

https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/

Or here at IK:

https://infinitekind.com/app/md/extensions/

Nope. They are not on the manage extensions page which is frustrating. Partly this is because they won’t run on versions prior to MD2021.1 preview version(s). We don’t want the extension appearing to be available on earlier versions. Once 2021.1 stable is released then I will be pressing IK to stick on the extensions page.

Anyway, they are safe, brilliant ;-> and good to run.

20. 20 Posted by tonyt on 01 May, 2021 10:38 AM

Hi Stuart
    Do your extensions give an 'update available' message when using? If not, would be good! Possible?
    Cheers

21. 21 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 May, 2021 11:03 AM

It’s possible. I’ll consider it. But I would rather IK put my extensions into the official list then that screen will let you know about updates.

The problem is whether you want to know about signed updates or latest unsigned updates.

Regards Stuart

On 1 May 2021, at 11:38, tonyt <[email blocked]> wrote:

22. 22 Posted by tonyt on 01 May, 2021 11:18 AM

Yeah! I can see that. I think it would be for signed updates. Let’s hope IK can get them up asap when you release new ones into the extension manager.
    Cheers...

23. 23 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Jun, 2021 05:45 PM

FYI. My Extract_Data extension is now available within the Moneydance Manage Extensions menu

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2020-12-23_at_11.51.55.png 42.2 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac