Investment Transactions Duplicated on Download

jerry

27 Dec, 2012 03:33 PM

When I download transactions into my American Funds investment accounts, MD shows many duplicate transactions. I can confirm and delete the duplicate transactions, but on the next download, they appear again. I have about two dozen accounts with many transactions in each account, so deleting the transactions after every download is impractical.

In banking accounts, merging the transactions resolves this issue. But MD cannot merge investment transactions.

Suggest adding a merge feature for investment accounts, improving MD duplicate transaction recognition, giving the user the ability to control the date range for transaction downloads to minimize the number of duplicate transactions reported, or at least creating an extension that can quickly remove unconfirmed transactions across a group of accounts.

I have seen a couple of previous posts on this topic, but the problem has not been addressed. Please help!

1. 1 Posted by Jon Hoover on 29 Dec, 2012 01:46 AM

Hi Jerry,
    Are you using direct connect to download the transactions or are you manually downloading the transactions? If you are manually downloading, what is the format in?
    Thanks.
    Sincerely,
    Jon Hoover, Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by jerry on 29 Dec, 2012 03:23 AM

I'm using direct connect with Moneydance Version 2012.2 (849) running under Windows 7.

3. 3 Posted by Jon Hoover on 29 Dec, 2012 03:06 PM

Hi Jerry,
    The duplicates were a bug that showed up in 849 that we fixed in the final release of 2012 which you can download here: http://infinitekind.com/downloads
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Please let us know if you have any more questions.
    Sincerely,

4. 4 Posted by jerry on 29 Dec, 2012 03:40 PM

Thanks. I downloaded the update and the problem went away.

5. 5 Posted by Jon Hoover on 29 Dec, 2012 04:03 PM

Hi Jerry,
    Glad to hear it is all cleared up.
    Please let us know if you have any more questions.
    Sincerely,

6. Jon Hoover closed this discussion on 29 Dec, 2012 04:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac