Expense Reports

Tom

17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM

Hi I’m trying to run an expense report but for some reason the dollar amounts have both positive and negative values - so the numbers aren’t adding correctly. How can I fix?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 18 Jan, 2021 02:41 AM

I'm a fellow user.

We may need to see the report that is produced to begin to understand what may be happening.

It is quite possible to have both positive and negative numbers in a report depending on the data.

2. 2 Posted by Tom on 18 Jan, 2021 02:49 PM

see attached for the report I'm running

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 18 Jan, 2021 06:05 PM

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the screenshot.

A negative value in such a report of All Expenses would indicate that you entered a deposit or credit against an expense category. (e.g. you entered a refund, rebate or store credit, against groceries, clothing or electricity etc.)

Or...

You erroneously entered a deposit or credit that should've been a payment or charge. In such a case you would, of course, have a balance discrepancy.

If neither of these scenarios are the case, then perhaps a screenshot of the actual report results along with a detailed explanation of the problematic transaction along with a screenshot of the actual transactions in their respective registers.

Keep in mind that these are public forums. Make sure to redact sensitive information from the screenshots (if any).

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 4 Posted by Tom on 21 Jan, 2021 01:11 AM

OK I think the issue is with the credit card transactions.

There is a mix of negative and positive transactions

Some come from an import from Money (pre-2020)
    The others come from an import of two different download methods from my bank

wow what a mess!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac