Getting a budget to calculate

kieran

13 Jan, 2010 10:47 AM

Hi, I'm having a very basic problem with Moneydance. I set up a budget, edited all of my categories and got it looking how I want it. I set the budget for the year with monthly intervals on all payments (so a very basic approach to budgeting), however when I try to calculate or apply the budget and it asks for a date range, no matter what dates i put in I get an error message saying "not enough days in the range to calculate a useful estimate" or something like that. Even when i set the dates from 01/01/2010 to 31/12/2010. I am running the eval version for now and will go to the full version if i can get to grips with this program.

Help!

Kieran

1. 1 Posted by Aaron Down on 13 Jan, 2010 04:10 PM

I think you're going the wrong way about this.
    Your budget can apply to the forthcoming year, but to calculate estimated values you need to look at PREVIOUS data.
    It's not mandatory so if you have no previous data just use the budget levels you have chosen.
    Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by Noname on 13 Jan, 2010 06:32 PM

Kieran, Aaron Down is correct but I would add one other bit of info. Once you set up your budget look down in the lower right hand corner. You will see that the data you have entered is being calculated there (both income and expense). There is a box to the left of the calculation which has a drop down so you can change the time period you wish to see (I think "this month" is the default but you can change to "this year," etc.). Also, if you close out of the Budget Manager and go to the Budget Report, you can select any time period you want to view your budget (under the edit button within the report).

3. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 30 Apr, 2010 06:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac