Edward Jones Online Banking Bug 2010 - (Works in new file but not in file with records)

jackcarliton

15 Jan, 2010 05:20 PM

I never got Edward Jones to download online transactions in Moneydance 2008. I do not think it was supported for Edward Jones then. Now that I upgraded to 2010 I would like to use this new feature, but whatever I do I can not get it to download transactions or even set up online banking with it. Online downloads work with all my other financial institutions.
I have a couple ideas of what the problem might be. In the 2008 version I tried unsuccessfully to set up a manual connection with Edward Jones. Perhaps Moneydance is remembering these settings. Is there a way to reset all online banking settings?
I try to set up a new connection and select Edward Jones from the downloaded list. Then it prompts me for my account number and Broker ID. I can enter the account number but am not sure what the Broker ID is. After searching it seems that the Broker ID is www.edwardjones.com. I enter this and then click "Finish" but nothing happens.

(Update)

I set up a new Moneydance file and the online set up for Edward Jones works but in my file with all my historical information it does not work. In the new file it asks for an account id and password. In the old file it asks for the Broker ID and Account Number. I really want to get this to work and I think the solution is to clear out the saved Financial institution information in the old file.

This is definitely a bug and I would appreciate any help. I posted this in the wrong forum previously and re-posted it here.

1. 1 Posted by jackcarliton on 16 Jan, 2010 04:25 PM

Update:

I opened my data file up in a text editor and looked for where the ofx settings were stored. I found the one for Edward Jones at the end of the file. I selected what I thought was the entire entry, deleted it and saved the data as a new file. After this Edward Jones did not appear in my list of FI but I was able to set up a new connection from the downloaded list. Now the downloads seem to work. I still have to set up the other account but the first one worked fine.

My question is, since I am not a programmer, did I mess up my data file? There are lots of %0A's and %3D's floating around down there. Below is a sample of the code.

Did I do this right? I hope so. Is there a way for me to edit the user created FI ofx settings in the Moneydance GUI? I just want it to work going forward.

"invst_chkng" %3D "Y"%0A}%0A )%0A%0A "bootstrap_url" %3D "https://ofx.edwardjones.com"%0A ----BLAH BLAH BLAH------ "https://ofx.edwardjones.com"%0A}%0A )%0A%0A}%0A

2. 2 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 17 Jan, 2010 01:11 AM

The easiest solution seems to be to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1) Select your bank account in Moneydance
    2) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu
    3) Click the "Disable" button
    4) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)
    5) Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    6) Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password
    7) Repeat steps 1-6 for any additional accounts

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

3. 3 Posted by jackcarliton on 18 Jan, 2010 04:31 AM

Thank you for the detailed response. I have it working now but will try that with the old file.

4. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 12 May, 2010 02:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac