Following Update to MD 3066 - Boxes are not enabling Date text alignment on Mac

Rich W

01 May, 2021 09:10 AM

Hi
I have recently updated to MD 2021 (3066) latest release and I can see that at some point in the last 2 months (since I last updated), boxes are now appearing around the transactions in the transaction log .. which I hate by the way. That said I will live with it, BUT the dates are now not fitting in the Box as can be seen on the attached screenshot for the 26/04/2021. If we are going to have to put up with this horrible new view, can we please at least size them correctly so they fit the text.

I have also included a screenshot of my appearance settings for your information.

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Rich W on 08 May, 2021 01:40 PM

Is anyone from moneydance support going to respond on this query?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 10 May, 2021 03:39 PM

Can you try upgrading to the latest preview version, as this should hopefully fix the problem for you?

Moneydance 2021.1 (3067) is now available to download from this page.

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Rich W on 10 May, 2021 08:17 PM

Thank you maddy - I will check this out tomorrow and let you know the outcome

4. 4 Posted by Rich W on 11 May, 2021 08:12 AM

Maddy
    I have installed the patch but as you can see it has made no difference i am afraid.

5. 5 Posted by jeff_l on 11 May, 2021 08:50 AM

The only way I can reproduce what you are seeing is by having the date column itself too narrow.

If you drag the date column a little wider, your problem is fixed. You will probably need to do it for each of your accounts.

Fellow user

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Maddy on 11 May, 2021 08:56 AM

Please can you let me know which operating system you're running on your computer?

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

7. 7 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 11 May, 2021 11:01 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Drag the column slightly wider and then it should be OK.

(not support, just a fellow user)

8. 8 Posted by Rich W on 11 May, 2021 04:03 PM

Hi maddy - I am using OS sierra

9. 9 Posted by Rich W on 22 May, 2021 09:47 AM

I tried dragging the column, but it doesn't seem to work now I have upgraded to 3069. Could we have a permanent fix for this, where it autosizes the box properly please

10. 10 Posted by Rich W on 03 Jun, 2021 09:04 PM

I see this has not been addressed to date and there are no updates from MD support- can I have an update please ?

11. 11 Posted by dwg on 03 Jun, 2021 09:17 PM

I'm a fellow user.

A group of users have bought to the developers attention a number of problems with fields getting truncated during data entry/editing. We have been able to demonstrate and reproduce the problem in various scenarios and provide screen shots. While the surface indication is that it looks like a common problem feedback has suggested there may be a couple of things at play.

So the developer is aware of the issues, but to date there has not been a permanent solution.

12. 12 Posted by Rich W on 04 Jun, 2021 06:42 PM

Thanks for the update dwg - I’ll wait now that I know someone is aware and planning something

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2021-05-01_at_09.35.43.png 21.8 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2021-05-01_at_10.04.15.png 34.7 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac