Moneydance freezes up the display in Windows 7

Gabriel Meca

17 Jan, 2010 01:50 AM

I open Moneydance application and then almost immediately the cursor freezes up on the screen and cannot move it anymore. I have to reboot the computer in order to have the computer working again. This is a very poorly design application

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 17 Jan, 2010 02:21 AM

Hi Gabriel

We have not had any reports of Monydance causing such a problem on any other windows systems and so at this point I am inclined to belive that there might be some other factor that is at the root of this problem. Perhaps you have an imocrect or corrupt installation of java. Do you happen to know if you are running the 32bit or 64bit version of windows? I recommend downloading and installing the latest version of java from sun to see if that is the casue of the problem. Here is the link to the suns java download page:

http://www.java.com/en/download/

Also when you downloaded Moneydacne which link did you click on on the download page?

SIncerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by Gabriel Meca on 18 Jan, 2010 01:32 AM

I have formatted the hard drive, and run a clean install for Windows 7 32 bit version. Then, installed Moneydance. The file seemed to run OK until I have started installing the updates. I have installed all of them and immediately I have had the same failure. The cursor of the mouse froze and even CTRL ALT DEL did not work anymore, I had to reboot the computer but your software has the same bug. I have uninstall it and reinstall it to find out that the problem is the same. So, you do not even have a clean uninstall, not to mention that I am running Money software and Quicken and if I download a ofx file I cannot see it because you display the type of file as being of moneydance. Java has been installed from your downloaded package. You guys have major problems with the design of this software.

Regards,

Gabriel

I have a lot of issues that I would like to discuss with you. The fact that you do not have telephone support is very frustrating. Who designed this software? The guy or the team is not talented at all.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:21 PM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: Moneydance freezes up the display in Windows 7 [Problems]

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 19 Jan, 2010 05:11 PM

Hi Gabriel

It is extremely unlikely that moneydance could be the cause of an operating system crash as as Moneydance runs inside the java virtual machine. Your description leads me to believe that there is some significant problem with your computer perhaps you have a ram chip that is failing.

I am sorry that you are experiencing this problem I have not been able to reproduce it and am unsure what the cause. We have tested this software on a viriet of windows 7 systems and not had the problem you are describing. Given that I am not able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing and your judgements of the quality of the design are troubling you so much I am happy to offer you a full refund.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

4. 4 Posted by Gabriel Meca on 23 Jan, 2010 05:38 AM

Hi Ben,

I accept the full refund. Maybe, I will try your product next year. Please send a confirmation e-mail.

Thanks,

Gabriel Meca

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:11 AM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: Moneydance freezes up the display in Windows 7 [Problems]

5. 5 Posted by Ben Spencer on 23 Jan, 2010 03:19 PM

I have authorized a refund on your purchase. It will be processed shortly.

Ben Spencer

6. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac