Can't maximise on Windows 7 64-bit

stephen_coster

17 Jan, 2010 08:47 AM

While my existing installation of MD 2008 is working with no problems I cannot un-install it or install MD 2010. Each time I try the window that is displayed on the Windows 7 task bar won't maximize and display. I've tried maximizing the window from Task Manager as detailed in http://moneydance.com/trac/ticket/2193 but no joy. If I right click on the task in the task bar I just get the close window option, clicking on the thumbnail gives me the options to restore and move the window but nothing has any effect.

I've got the latest 64-bit version of the Java JRE installed. I get exactly the same problem when I try and install MD 2010 as well.

Any ideas?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 17 Jan, 2010 03:57 PM

I belive on windows 7 the maximize option is accessed slightly differently. Hovering the mouse pointer over the icon in the task bar causes a thumbnail to appear. Then right clicking on the thumbnail gets the "Maximum" option.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by stephen_coster on 17 Jan, 2010 04:07 PM

Thanks for the reply Ben. I've managed to find the maximize option but clicking on it still doesn't show the window. I've tried moving, restoring, minimizing and maximizing but I can never get the application window displayed, just the entry on the task bar. This is just in the MD 2010 installer as well, not the application. I have the same problem in the MD 2008 un-installer.

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Jan, 2010 08:00 PM

I have not been able to reproduce the problem you are describing. I suspect that windows has stored this initial start position some where in the registry. Though I do not know where. I am surprised that selecting restore does not resolve the issue although i have never heard of this being the case with the installer before. One thing you might try is logging into windows as a different user and then running the installer. It might be that windows creates different registry settings for each user.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

4. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2010 08:43 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

04 Feb, 2023 02:45 AM
04 Feb, 2023 02:41 AM
04 Feb, 2023 02:07 AM