Version 2021.1 (3069) - Transaction Filter report does not subtotal correctly when Category selected

Paul Wallace

02 Jun, 2021 12:29 AM

With the upgrade to Version 2021.1 the Transaction Filter report no longer correctly subtotals categories. This occurs where multiple accounts are using that category. With this release the report now sorts categories within accounts rather than sorting within categories regardless of account.
For example if a category is used in two different credit card accounts, say Amex and Visa and the subtotal by categories drop down is used it will sort and subtotal that category separately for the Amex transactions and the Visa transactions. I would like to see that new bug squashed please.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 Jun, 2021 09:02 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

I agree. I was about to say I couldn't reproduce this, but you need to have multi txns over several dates to trigger the bug.. As you say, it's not sorting right before the totalling is done..

(not support, just a fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by paulw on 10 Jun, 2021 10:15 PM

Your analysis is correct – report is sorting by date before category when subtotal by category is selected rather than by account as I originally thought.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac