Graphs and Reports

Kristy Hill

13 Jun, 2021 11:28 AM

Hi
I am unable to create any graphs and reports. I click on it but nothing happens

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 13 Jun, 2021 02:04 PM

just a user,

It's possible you may have used dual screens in the past which could have the report open off screen. But usually you can click the reset button to default any report and produce any report.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 13 Jun, 2021 09:58 PM

Hello,

Are you able to open and edit the settings of reports by clicking on them from your left sidebar? They should be listed after your accounts and budgets.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Kristy Hill on 13 Jun, 2021 11:34 PM

No – I also can’t attach documents to transactions.

I wonder if this is due to my subscription because I recently upgraded.

Reply to: <[email blocked]>

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 13 Jun, 2021 11:59 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I would suggest starting with the basics.

Start Moneydance try the operations youy are having trouble with, then close down Moneydance and attaching the Moneydance error log to a post, it is called errlog.txt

If you are using Mac OS, it should be located at one of these locations within your Home folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

or:

~/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

If you have any trouble finding your Home Library folder you can open Finder and hold down the option key while selecting the Go menu and the Library folder option should occur or you can open Finder and select Go -> Go to Folder and copy and paste in the following:

~/Library

This should pull up your local Library folder.

If you are using Windows, it should be located under your login directory at:

C:\Users\(yourusername)\.moneydance\errlog.txt

or

C:\Documents and Settings\(yourusername)\.moneydance\errlog.txt

Depending on your version of Windows

If you are using Linux it should be located in your home folder at:
    ~/.moneydance/errlog.txt

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 16 Jun, 2021 03:12 PM

Hi Kristy,

In addition to the several suggestions/request of information in this thread, I would like to add that it seems (from our records) you might be new to Moneydance, so I thought it might be useful referring you to this article of the Knowledge Base describing how to Create a Graph or Report using Moneydance.

Also, Memorizing a report memorizes the criteria used to generate the report.
    Each time you generate a report, it could produce different data depending on what criteria is used. For instance, if the the date criteria is set for This Quarter or Last Year, then the output will be different depending on the date the report is generated. This "memorized report" remains in the Sidebar for easy recall and use.

Saving a report saves the output. Moneydance can save reports in HTML, Comma Delimited, or Tab Delimited. This saves the data in a digital format. Saving a report is different from memorizing the criteria.

"Saved Reports" do not appear in the sidebar. It would be a good idea to store them in an easily found directory on your computer. Generated reports can also be printed, printed to a PDF and stored digitally in a location of your choice.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by kristyhill on 17 Jun, 2021 09:30 PM

None of these threads are helping. I can’t even generate a report. I click on Graphs and reports like I use to but nothing happens. There is no side bar that gives me options for the graphs and reports I can create.

7. 7 Posted by derekkent23 on 18 Jun, 2021 07:44 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi kristyhill

As a start to solving your problems if the Side Bar is not Showing try Ctrl (⌘ on Mac) + Shift + S

If the side bar is showing but Graphs & Reports are not listed click on the + at the bottom of the side bar then ADVANCED. Then make sure Graphs & Reports are included in the Include Item window.

Hope this helps.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Maddy on 18 Jun, 2021 04:35 PM

If the solution suggested by derekkent23 in post 7 of this thread does not seem to help either, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing?
    You can read instructions for taking a screenshot here:
    https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Thank you

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac