Fixing Column Widths

mberey

16 Jun, 2021 10:03 PM

Obviously the width of a column can be changed with the cursor. But how does one keep a set width, globally, so that it does not need to be continually changed. Saw a discussion from 2015 that there was a bug that was presumably to be fixed. Has it? Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Jun, 2021 04:47 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

From memory… Some of the settings work in a global / default way. But once you view an account register then the settings are saved and remembered. So I think you have to wipe out all the saved settings, view one account, set up that view as you like it, then restart MD then try viewing another account register.

Luckily Toolbox extension can do this.

Backup first.

Advanced mode. GeneraL tools menu. Reset window display settings. The last option:
    RESET>> Window locations, Size, Sort Orders, One-line, Split Reg, Offset, Column Widths; Dividers, isOpen, isExpanded, isMaximised settings.

Restart MD after running.

Like I saw, can’t remember if this will also save the column width, but worth a try.

Let us know.

(Not support, just a fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by mberey on 17 Jun, 2021 03:25 PM

Figured out how to get there but don't see how it would enable me to make the changes, globally or otherwise. Appreciate the suggestion.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Jun, 2021 05:28 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Once you wipe the remembered settings, then when you go into any register it will save the settings. When you go to the next register, as no settings exist, it will look to the settings you just saved for the first account. And so on.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac