Files Openiing

Mike

19 Jun, 2021 10:31 AM

I have 2 files, a business and a Personal and I am wondering if there is a way for Moneydance to let me choose which file to open or if it opens the last file automatically?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 19 Jun, 2021 10:55 AM

I'm a fellow user.

When opening Moneydance it opens the last used file by default.

The alternative is to open to the Welcome window, where you can select what file to open. To use this take the menu path: Window --> Welcome to Moneydance and change the When Starting option.

2. 2 Posted by Tim Holmes on 19 Jun, 2021 03:46 PM

Thank you. This particular file/s is on an Apple product which I guess would be different?

On 19 June 2021 at 11:55 dwg <[email blocked]> wrote:

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

I'm a fellow user.

When opening Moneydance it opens the last used file by default.

The alternative is to open to the Welcome window, where you can select what file to open. To use this take the menu path: Windows --> Welcome to Moneydance and change the When Starting option.

On Sat, Jun 19 at 03:31 AM PDT, Mike wrote:

I have 2 files, a business and a Personal and I am wondering if there is a way for Moneydance to let me choose which file to open or if it opens the last file automatically?

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Files Openiing.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

3. 3 Posted by sth on 19 Jun, 2021 05:01 PM

In MD go to Help->Show Documents Folder. This will open a folder with your two MD Account books in it. Then drag both of those Account Book files to your Dock. They will show up as two different Icons though they look the same they will have different labels when the cursor hovers over them. By clicking on those dock items you can select which file opens.

(Not IK Support)

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 19 Jun, 2021 10:01 PM

The suggestion in reply 1 should work regardless of which operating system you are using. If you don't see that option in the Welcome Screen, can you clarify which version of Moneydance you are running?

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by tonyt on 20 Jun, 2021 06:27 AM

Could it be file needs a password to open? If so you have to hit cancel to bring up the welcome screen to show the list of files available. Well, I do anyway.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac