Unexpected results in file exports

Jim Kahnweiler

23 Jun, 2021 09:30 PM

I just purchased a license and I'm trying to make MoneyDance work the way I want.

When I am in Transaction Report view and copy the report to the clipboard, and then paste in Apple Numbers or Microsoft Excel; or, export the report and open in the same apps, the result is missing items or doesn't calculate correctly or the import is machine code.

I am attaching the export from the Transaction filter report. What am I doing wrong?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 24 Jun, 2021 05:33 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Try saving the output as a CSV then opening that in excel

Or use the extension export data, account registers option, to create a csv and open that in excel.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 24 Jun, 2021 09:12 AM

Hi Jim,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Within Moneydance, you can easily transfer your report data to Excel.

After generating the report, choose 'Save'.
    Change the 'Format' to 'Comma Delimited'.
    Then click 'Browse' and specify where you want to save the file.

Before saving, check the correct file format has been applied. Your file should be called 'YourFileName.csv'.
    If the file format is not included, you can add '.csv' (without the quotes) to the end of the file name.

This will create a comma delimited file that will open with Excel.

If you have already saved the file, you can navigate to it on your computer, and re-name the file from there, to include .csv at the end of the file name.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac