Window bar does not show

david_cairns48

19 Jan, 2010 07:03 PM

I'm using Windows XP SP3 (fully updated) on a MacBook Pro 15 with 4 Gb RAM and an Apple 24" screen second monitor.

When I open MD10 on the MacBook, the window bar doesn't show. If I resize the MD window by draging the righthand margin onto the external screen the window bar apears and the MD window can be minimised/ resized as normal.

I have to do this each time I open MD10

Is this a known bug?

DC

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 19 Jan, 2010 08:24 PM

I am not sure exactly what you mean by "window bar". Do you mean the window title bar? Could you send me a screenshot of the problem? Press the print screen key on your keyboard to take a screenshot.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by david_cairns48 on 20 Jan, 2010 10:25 AM

Dear Ben Spencer

Yes: I meant 'Window title bar'.

I attach a screenshot taken with Snaggit of the windows I get on my laptop when I open MD10 with the second screen attached. All personal information has been removed using the Snaggit editor.

As you'll see, the Windows title bar is missing.

Hope you can help

DC

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Jan, 2010 02:42 PM

Are you running Win XP as a virtual machine here? Or is it booting under boot camp?

When you close Moneydance it saves the window size in the its preferences folder. One thought about what might be happening here is that you are closing MD when the moneydance window is on your second monitor and the window size is greater than the size of the small monitor. Can you verify that if moneydance is only on the small monitor when you close it that this problem still occurs.

Ben

4. 4 Posted by david_cairns48 on 20 Jan, 2010 05:58 PM

Ben

For the record I'm running XP via BootCamp

Tried your suggestion of reducing the size of the active MD Window and moving it to the laptop before maximising to the laptop window and then closing. On reopening the Window title bar (and the three window buttons) were now available.

I now know what to do!

Thanks once again for your assistance.

DC

5. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 20 Jan, 2010 06:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac