Moneydance doesn't show on monitor when open

Dennis Hirning

25 Jul, 2021 01:05 PM

Moneydance shows running on my Windows Task Master but doesn't show on my monitor. I tried to reload the dialog and it said that it couldn't continue an update because it was running. I closed it and there was no change after the update. I still can not see anything on the monitor when I try to use Moneydance.

1. 1 Posted by Ben on 25 Jul, 2021 01:39 PM

Most likely, Moneydance is running as if on a second monitor, and needs bringing back onto your one monitor. I like holding down the Windows (start) key and tapping the left- or right-arrow keys to jump the Moneydance window across. It might take two or three taps. Others like holding down the Alt key, pressing the space bar then M, then releasing the alt key and holding down a left- or right-arrow key to slide the Moneydance window into view.
    If you have two monitors, Moneydance re-opens in whichever one it was when you closed it. That can cause this problem for users who only use a second monitor sometimes. It also remembers where pop-up windows were, such as the reconciliation ones, so you might need to bring those back onscreen too at some point. The same way works. Or plugging in a second monitor again, of course.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 25 Jul, 2021 07:27 PM

The above suggestion is a good place to start. If it doesn't work, can you try resetting your Moneydance preferences and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing? If you're using Windows, it should be located at:

C:/Users/(yourusername)/.moneydance/config.dict

Once you've found your config.dict file, close Moneydance and rename it (to something like config2.dict, for example), then open Moneydance again and it will appear as though you've just installed Moneydance for the first time, so you'll have to re-enter your license key and may have to locate and open your data set again. If you run into any problems, you can simply close Moneydance and rename the original config.dict file back to config.dict and open Moneydance again to restore your original settings.

If that doesn't work, can you send me your errlog.txt file? If you're using Windows, it should be located at:

C:/Users/(yourusername)/.moneydance/errlog.txt

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Moneydance.jpg 68.1 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac