Sub Account grouping on left pane

Jason

28 Jul, 2021 02:36 PM

I'd like to make heavy use of sub accounts, that is credit card accounts which are a parent of another account.
For example, I made a Liability account called "Business 1", then added 2 credit cards whose parent account is Business 1.
I did the same for "Business 2".
However, when I look at the summary pane on the left, the 4 credit cards are groups together with no distinction between them.

Is there a way to group them together into their relevant parent accounts, or at least re-order them, so I can visualize them better?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 01 Aug, 2021 11:30 PM

Hmm, in general child accounts should appear under their parent accounts, if I'm understanding the place you are describing. Can you attach a screenshot of what you are seeing and describe how it is incorrect? If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, please see http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Jason on 03 Aug, 2021 07:30 PM

I've added a screenshot to better visualize it..

MD does group the child accounts together, but the issue is it doesn't actually show the parent account in any meaningful way. Sort of like a File Explorer with Folders, you click the branch to expand it - there is nothing like that in MD, so it's difficult to see where one Business's accounts end and another begins.

Is this possibly an option I just need to enable somewhere in Preferences?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac