download QFX into wrong account

kathy

21 Aug, 2021 12:19 PM

I currently download QFX files from my bank, no direct connect yet. But when i try to import the file it goes into the wrong account. How can i disassociate the download from an account?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Aug, 2021 01:38 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

If on MD2021.1(3069), then you can use Manage Extensions to install, then run, Toolbox extension. (if you’re on an earlier version of MD, this won’t work for you).

Advanced mode, Online banking tools menu. There is an option to forget the remembered banking import link

(not support, just a fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by kathy on 21 Aug, 2021 02:20 PM

That worked wonderfully. I have never used the extensions. This was spot on! Thank you!

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Aug, 2021 02:44 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Toolbox 🧰 +1 😃

4. 4 Posted by vseaslcm on 02 Nov, 2021 01:41 AM

(just another user)

I fat-fingered an import and assigned it to the wrong account with "remember" turned on. So... I installed Toolbox as suggested and it seems that the "forget" function does not work on MD 2022. It is grayed out and specifically indicates ( MD < 2022). Any ideas as to why Toolbox doesn't support this function now?

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 02 Nov, 2021 01:50 AM

I'm a fellow user.

It is not an active option under Toolbox in MD2022 because Moneydance has included its own option to remove the association.

To reset the “Remember This Choice” option, you need to use the match online window.

To access this use the menu path Online → Match Online Accounts.
    Within this window ensure that “Imported OFX/QFX” is selected then identify which account you want to clear the option for.

Select the account and in the drop down select “None”.

You may need to Close and reopen Moneydance. You should now be able to perform the import and be prompted for the account.

6. 6 Posted by vseaslcm on 02 Nov, 2021 02:31 AM

Thanks, dwg! Super helpful!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac