Trying to get started with the Program

dfenton

21 Jan, 2010 02:34 AM

I purchased Moneydance 2010 today and received the email with the registration instructions. I have a new Mac and am operating with the OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. I do the download and get the file (6.4MB). I start it and the small green box opens that has the 3 options to click on one - Create New File, Open Existing File, Import file. I can not find anywhere to go that the registration e mail talks about, Start Moneydance and select the Help>Register Moneydance menu item. What am I doing wrong?

1. 1 Posted by Noname on 21 Jan, 2010 02:44 AM

If you don't see the Help option running along at the top of the program, try opening the program (select one of the 3 options). Once you have the program open, you'll see help as the last item on the menu running at the top of the program. You should be able to open the program without registering first.

2. 2 Posted by dfenton on 21 Jan, 2010 02:54 AM

I'm not seeing any help, or any menu. Is there someone that I can speak with on the phone?

3. 3 Posted by Noname on 21 Jan, 2010 03:00 AM

You need to open the program first to get the menu. Did you select one of the 3 options to open the program? If you're not importing files and haven't created any files yet, just select "create new file." If you have one of the other two options, then select the one you want to use. Once you open the program up you'll see the Help option in the menu that runs along the top of the program (the menu starts next to the Apple icon with Moneydance - File- Edit - etc.).

4. 4 Posted by dfenton on 21 Jan, 2010 03:10 AM

I did select "create new file" then I get a screen that has the title of My Finances. There is nothing on the screen that you describe, there is no apple icon that appears or anything that says file, edit, etc.

5. 5 Posted by dfenton on 21 Jan, 2010 03:15 AM

I apologize, I guess that it has been a long day, and I need to go to bed. I see it now, Sorry for my confusion.

6. 6 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 21 Jan, 2010 03:49 AM

Glad you found it, I hope things look easier tomorrow.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

7. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac