T Rowe Price 500 Internal Server Error

jerry

10 Sep, 2021 02:12 PM

Any one else having issues?

Getting an error (HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error) when attempting to sync with T. Rowe Price Retirement Plans over the last couple of days. The same error when attempting to create a new connection to T. Rowe Price or T. Rowe Price Retirement Plans. I attempted to create a connection to T. Rowe Price Brokerage and that appears to connect successfully for authentication but failed to log me in since I do not have a brokerage account. The other two give the 500 error without any username/password prompts.

Syncing to USAA, Vanguard, and TD Ameritrade are working as expected.

Using the latest version of Moneydance 2021.1 (3069).

The console logs are attached.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 10 Sep, 2021 02:29 PM

Hi Jerry,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Since T. Rowe Price,T. Rowe Price Brokerage and T. Rowe Price Retirement Plans all support direct connect you should be able to recreate the connection as outlined here.

Alternatively, select Online Banking -> Set Up Online banking, then click the Reset Sync button.

The error 500 is a generic Internal Server Error meaning that it could be due to the bank's servers being under maintenance. Have you tried contacting your bank directly?

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by jerry on 10 Sep, 2021 03:07 PM

I figured it most likely would be on TRP's side but wanted to throw this out there in case others were having issues.

Recreating the connection is not working as I stated previously and the Reset Sync didn't help either.

I'll reach out to TRP in a couple days if they don't resolve it.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 10 Sep, 2021 03:15 PM

Please keep us posted on your progress Jerry!
    Thank you!

--

4. 4 Posted by davidliles on 12 Sep, 2021 04:18 PM

I'm experiencing the same 500 error. I attempted to re-establish the connection and now I'm being asked for a Broker ID and Account Number. This is a work retirement account so there is no Broker ID

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 13 Sep, 2021 09:22 AM

Hi David,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

As I mentioned in my earlier post (1) on this thread this is a generic Internal Server Error meaning that the bank might be making some changes at their end. Did you try asking the bank what sort of changes are they applying?

Also, could you let us know which version of Moneydance are you running?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help/Moneydance --> About Moneydance, where the version and build number will be displayed.

Did your try recreating or refreshing the connection by navigating Online Banking -> Set Up Online banking, then clicking the Reset Sync button?

Finally, you could try creating a new data set in Moneydance by going to File -> New, then try setting up your connection in that new data set and see if you can download your data then?

--

6. 6 Posted by vbtrader62 on 13 Sep, 2021 10:40 PM

Same issue here. Hopefully T Rowe Price can resolve it quickly.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Maddy on 14 Sep, 2021 09:05 AM

Thank you all for reporting the problem!
    I've filed a ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue and the developers will be looking into it.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

--

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Jenny on 15 Sep, 2021 12:25 PM

Hi all,

We've made a change to the T. Rowe Price Retirement connection, which will hopefully resolve the problems you're seeing.

The new connection details are available for you to use in Moneydance now.

You should try to recreate the connection with your bank. You will need to disable your current connection and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Select your bank account in Moneydance

2. Select Online > Setup Online Banking
    3. Click the "Disable" button. If you don't see this button, just close the window.

4. Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
    5. Select Online > Setup Online Banking (again)

6. Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    7. Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

Make sure you pick "New Connection", even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the long list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let us know if you continue to encounter problems after recreating your connection and we'll troubleshoot further.

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

9. 9 Posted by davidliles on 15 Sep, 2021 12:33 PM

I just followed the below instructions and received the following when attempting to update the account after recreating the connection.

Bank Name: T. Rowe Price Retirement Plans
    Account: T Rowe Price
    Account Number:

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400

10. 10 Posted by Jerry on 15 Sep, 2021 01:41 PM

I never recreated mine in my mine file, I used a backup just in case. Today I tried to connect and it worked fine without recreating the connection.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Maddy on 15 Sep, 2021 02:29 PM

Thank you for reporting back, Jerry!

We are very pleased to hear that the connection is working again for you.

--

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Maddy on 17 Sep, 2021 01:22 PM

Is the connection working for everybody else on this thread or are you still receiving an error message?

Thank you

--

13. 13 Posted by vbtrader62 on 17 Sep, 2021 01:25 PM

I had inconsistent 500 errors this morning, went through disable all/new
    connection all routine, and running fine so far.

Thanks

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• TRP.txt 12.7 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac