AMEX qfx imports dates a day early.

ralph

13 Sep, 2021 05:11 PM

I don't know how long this has been going on, but when I compared my AMEX statement with what was imported using a downloaded qfx file of a particular billing period, all dates are posted one day early when compared with the statement. I then loaded one such AMEX qfx file in a text editor to see if indeed downloaded dates are a day earlier then statement dates. I looked at 2 transactions in that file. Their dates are as follows:

<DTPOSTED>20201222000000.000[-7:MST]</DTPOSTED>
<DTPOSTED>20201228000000.000[-7:MST]</DTPOSTED>

The first imported into MoneyDance with a date of 12/21/21 and the second imported as 12/27/21. Whereas, the above dates in that qfx file match the dates on the statement.

Is this a known bug?

I am using MoneyDance v2021 (2006)

1. 1 Posted by tgilbert666 on 14 Sep, 2021 01:18 AM

Firstly, I'm a fellow-user and have no answer to your question although I've not heard of anyone else reporting this. In the absence of providing an answer I would suggest that the Mountain Time offset in your qfx files is having an impact. I suspect that anyone investigating this would need the following information in addition to what you have supplied.

• What operating system and version?
    • What is your physical TZ/location (just for context)?
    • What is the timezone set to on your computer? (depends upon O/S)
    • What is the locale set to on your computer? (depends upon O/S)

In a test environment, (BACKUP first!!) do you get a different result if you change the UTC offset and reimport? (i.e instead of [-7:MST] for Mountain Time, perhaps [0:GMT] for Greenwich etc.

I'm guessing that AMEX is in Mountain Standard Time and you are not, or vice-versa? Any further information that you could supply around those locations might help.
    Cheers,
    Tony

2. System closed this discussion on 14 Dec, 2021 01:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac