backup recovery issue

chazwars

15 Sep, 2021 10:44 AM

I used my windows laptop to access MD17 with connections for dropbox. This laptop has crashed and I assumed I could just load MD17 on a desktop and everything would sync up. This is not the case. I am only getting partial account names, partial transactions, and most transactions are switched from deposit to withdrawal and vice versa. Interestingly, if I sync through the mobile app on my ipad, all my transactions populate, so dropbox has the data somewhere. I am unclear how to get a working downloaded backup file to use the "restore from backup" feature to recover all of my accounts.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 15 Sep, 2021 11:01 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

(Not sure if you wanted a user response? You last post said you only wanted direct support response etc?)

His old is your sync data? If it was setup a long time ago, then it may not be a complete dataset…. And may not be any good for a ‘restore’.

Do you have access to any *.moneydancearchive files?

Personally, I would install Dropbox locally, check it’s working and syncing, and then try file/new/open sync file and select Dropbox folders.

May not fix your issue. Let us know?

(Not support, just a fellow user)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac