Quote Loader has wrong dates?

sth

25 Sep, 2021 03:13 PM

Not sure exactly what is going on. On 9/25 I asked quote loader to update my prices. It went fine with all the holdings updating to the 9/24 values except for 3 mutual funds that the date for the update was listed as 9/3. ??? These are all Yahoo HD settings. However, the price is correct for 9/3, but I wanted the 9/24 price?

Here is a screen shot of the quote loader window with the price for VWIN correct and updated for 9/24 and the price for WFDAX and YAFFX incorrect.
Quote Loader It appears that those mutual funds have a price already in the MD database for 9/3 and up to 9/23 but not 9/24? That was the one I wanted updated.

Yahoo historical data shows prices for all dates. Here is a screen shot showing prices from 9/3 through 9/24 as they should be.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/WFDAX/history?p=WFDAX
Yahoo HD

So if Yahoo has the historical data, why is quote loader trying to update the 9/3 price that I already have and not the 9/24 price that is in the historical data.

1. 1 Posted by sth on 25 Sep, 2021 03:24 PM

On closer inspection this happens to 7 holdings, a couple of equities, a couple of ETFs and 3 mutual funds. But the two mentioned above should show the issue.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 25 Sep, 2021 09:34 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi sth

That is strange. I have alerted Mike. Would it be possible to ensure Quote Loader HELP – DEBUG is set to DETAILED and if you can reproduce the issue or if it happens again post the errlog.txt file so Mike has something to analyse.

3. 3 Posted by Mike Bray on 26 Sep, 2021 07:34 AM

As Derek says, can you reproduce this? If so please can you set Debug to detailed and rerun. Then post the errlog.txt.

4. 4 Posted by Mike Bray on 26 Sep, 2021 07:41 AM

I have just run WFDAX using a mm/dd/yyyy date format and it returned a date of 09/24/2021.

5. 5 Posted by sth on 27 Sep, 2021 02:42 AM

Hmmm... Weird. I have the same error today. BUT when I changed the Help from Info to Debug it went away. Does not reproduce if I set it back to Info. Repeated several times and it all shows the current 9/24 date. I will wait a couple of days and run it again and see if the problem reappears. I set the Help level back to Info.

6. 6 Posted by sth on 29 Sep, 2021 12:29 AM

Waited for 2 days worth of quotes.... And its baaaackkkk!

7. 7 Posted by sth on 29 Sep, 2021 12:33 AM

And then I close QL. Opened the console window and opened QL again. Cleared Console log and then downloaded quotes. Got the correct answer.

8. 8 Posted by sth on 29 Sep, 2021 12:35 AM

Close QL, close console log. Open QL and all works as expected. Note that the prices listed are different when the dates are 9/3 vs when they are 9/27.

9. 9 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Sep, 2021 08:02 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi sth

Perhaps in Quote Loader HELP – DEBUG leave the setting at DETAILED and if it happens again you have a errlog.txt file so Mike has something to analyse.

10. 10 Posted by Mike Bray on 29 Sep, 2021 11:57 AM

Did the error log have any Java exceptions in it?

11. 11 Posted by sth on 29 Sep, 2021 03:22 PM

Will try that. It is now so intermittent that I may have trouble reproducing it. I will try this evening (eastern US time). I don't recall any Java Exceptions.

I take it back, there are two during the portfolio update of on line banking. Not sure why but during calculating portfolio value which it does a lot upon startup.

calculated portfolio cost basis in 1.399 seconds
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The 'year' argument must be in range 1900 to 9999.
    at org.jfree.date.SpreadsheetDate.(SpreadsheetDate.java:114) at org.jfree.date.SerialDate.createInstance(SerialDate.java:795) at org.jfree.data.time.Day.(Day.java:128) at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.graphtool.GraphGenerator.getIntervalObj(GraphGenerator.java:46) at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.SecurityDetailPanel.createVolumeData(SecurityDetailPanel.java:478) at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.SecurityDetailPanel.createChart(SecurityDetailPanel.java:308) at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.SecurityDetailPanel.reallyRebuildPerfGraph(SecurityDetailPanel.java:614) at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.SecurityDetailPanel$4.run(SecurityDetailPanel.java:603) at com.moneydance.awt.CollapsibleRefresher$1.run(CollapsibleRefresher.java:19) at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) calculated portfolio cost basis in 2.704 seconds

But I will leave it on DETAILED and capture an errlog just after an error. I will DM you on Slack since I would rather not post it publicly.

12. 12 Posted by sth on 30 Sep, 2021 02:26 AM

I had the same issue this evening. Sent Mike a screen shot and err log on Slack.

13. 13 Posted by sth on 30 Sep, 2021 12:47 PM

And this morning, the last 3 have the 9/3 date. The values are the HD values for 9/3 from Yahoo. Yahoo has the historical data through 9/29 for all three of these securities. Those securities have the data correctly for 9/3 and have data through 9/27. Is there a limit to the number of securities that QL can handle? I have over 60 securities that QL is trying to update.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2021-09-25_at_11.02.11_AM.png 27.6 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2021-09-25_at_11.13.09_AM.png 82.3 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac