Unable to Download Transactions From Schwab

timfetner

02 Oct, 2021 05:22 PM

Recently upgraded to build 4045 and noticed issues with downloading transactions from Schwab. Followed all the guidance I found on the site, and still no luck. I now have noticed that when I try and disable online banking with my accounts to reset, it doesn't disable. I have a high number of transactions each month in these accounts and I definitely don't want to have to manually enter these. I also went back to previous version of MD (3095 and 4043) and no luck. Rebooted as well. Currently on MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.6.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by dwg on 15 Oct, 2021 01:44 AM

I think people may need to wait for the dust to settle a little and with Schwab in particular. The sense I have is that Schwab are moving towards using FDX.

My reading of FDX is that is works somewhat like Open banking in that a token is provided that allows the transaction information to be downloaded by or through the intermediate (aggregator) you have selected. They do not have your username/password combination at any time.

Naturally you can rescind this approval at any time.

This approach removes the barrier of having to provide usernames/passwords to third parties which is the largest security problem.

2. 32 Posted by johnsonw on 15 Oct, 2021 11:20 AM

Thank you dwg for that insight into FDX. I agree with you - patience is warranted as the financial industry continues to evolve its methods and security related to data sharing. Since I have a work-around for importing Schwab data into MD (see above), I will see what happens in the coming months.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac