Schwab Transactions no longer downloading!

Bill Schott

05 Oct, 2021 11:10 PM

Looks like something broke as I get no transaction downloads anymore. September 30th is the first that did nto download and I think I tried to download them on 10/1. I tried again today, with several transaction completed, but nothing downloaded.
I have one account with 4 missing transactions, two others each with 3 missing.
I sure hope this can be fixed quickly!!!!

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by dtd on 06 Nov, 2021 12:52 AM

Yes, for investment accounts, .csv files are basically useless. And that's what Schwab provides. USAA provides .csv files only as well, but since USAA has turned over investment accounts to Schwab, at least USAA's .csv files can be imported.

Me, I'd rather make USAA work again via .ofx - we'll see how long it continues to work.

I'm also on the fence about MD+, my "give in" situation is to keep direct connect for anything I can, and use MD+ ONLY when I have no alternative. (Schwab, Discover, is it at the moment)

That said, you point out an alternative I have thought of as well. My Vanguard accounts still work brilliantly via direct connect. I'm sure there are other investment firms as well - and if I can spend the time writing instructions on how to make USAA continue to work, I can certainly research moving my money out of Schwab.

As for USAA, I'm stuck - I have a 40 year old credit card, and a 30 year old credit card with USAA - in the way finances work, can't give those up.

As for Moneydance - I'm concerned with many of the items you bring up. I do think Sean is working hard to make MD continue to work, but he is forced to move in a direction I don't think he wants to do (iK has always been about privacy).

And being forced to go in a "different direction" is exacerbating the customer service issue, the "contact the client issue", and causing them to depend on "just a user" folks like us to fill in the gaps. We do so willingly, but free help does get old.

2. 32 Posted by sth on 06 Nov, 2021 03:39 PM

Just a note, Fidelity investments download just fine as direct connect. I am not sure about their checking accounts. I recall having issues with Fidelity and checking accounts and closed my checking there. But the investment account download OFX just fine.

3. 33 Posted by bschottmi on 11 Nov, 2021 04:33 PM

Mandy - Can we at least hope to have MD+ support investment accounts by the end of November? I know your team was busy releasing the full MD 2022 lately, but having a non-binding, estimated date for supporting investment accounts would sure be appreciated!!!
    As soon as investment accounts are support, I will gladly subscribe to MD+!!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Some_Missing_Schwab_transactions.jpg 71.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac