Error on Import of QFX

rcmcminn

13 Oct, 2021 01:18 PM

I upgraded to Moneydance 2022, now running build 4055 on MacOS Big Sur.

My normal workflow is
1. Download QFX file from my bank for an account
2. Go to Moneydance Summary page and select the "Import" ton
3. Confirm the Moneydance account in a pop-up dialog
4. Work through the imported transactions.
5. On the Moneydance Summary page, select the Delete button
6. Confirm the Delete action

This was my workflow until Moneydance 2022. With this version of Moneydance, step 3 does not happen. Instead of a confirmation dialog, it appears that Moneydance is auto-importing transactions. This worked well until I downloaded transactions from my Savings account. When I selected the Import button, the transactions showed up in my Visa account tied to the same bank. I had to delete the transactions to get my balance back in order. I deleted the QFX file and tried again. Same problem.

I checked Moneydance preferences to see if there was a way to restore the behavior for step 3 (confirmation dialog on Import). I saw nothing. I am now asking the developers. Is there a way to restore the confirmation dialog? At present, this is a big fail. I am now concerned with import from other accounts. I would like to be able to confirm the import before splattering erroneous transactions into the wrong account.

1. 1 Posted by rcmcminn on 24 Oct, 2021 01:25 PM

I need an answer.

How do I get the old behavior back? When I click the Import button, I want to set a popup dialog showing me what account the imported data is going to.

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 24 Oct, 2021 02:21 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Go to Online menu. Match Online Accounts. Select imported section... Select your accounts on left and then on the right click, and set to none...

3. 3 Posted by rcmcminn on 30 Oct, 2021 02:14 PM

Thanks. That fixed the issue. The problem did not occur until I upgraded to Moneydance 2022.

4. 4 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 30 Oct, 2021 03:49 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

The upgrade attempts to do a one time migration of these settings to the new window...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac