Foresight

James Smeall

13 Oct, 2021 06:01 PM

how do I delete foresight?

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 13 Oct, 2021 06:32 PM

just a user,

you can remove it from your extensions on older versions of MD. Otherwise the newer versions are part of MD. If you don't want the chart on the start up page go to preferences and you can remove it.

2. 2 Posted by James Smeall on 13 Oct, 2021 06:45 PM

Thank you. I found it. I’m on a fixed income but have used Moneydance for a long time.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone

3. 3 Posted by mhoggie on 13 Oct, 2021 07:28 PM

just a user,

I'm on a fixed income only. Foresight works perfect for me because it helps my forecast my future expenses and bank balance. Keeps me out of trouble. You just set it up on the banking account where your income comes in and set up your reminders to include approximate amounts for your future bills and expenses. Foresight will take your current bank balance and forecast the future balance. You get the chart and a list of future transactions. Works great. Better for me than the regular budget app.

4. 4 Posted by Kevin Stembridg... on 13 Oct, 2021 11:19 PM

mhoggie, you're a bit of a budgeting guru, so that is encouraging to hear.

I don't know if you use it much but the Reminder Review feature is probably more important than the forecast. It can show you if your forecast is reliable or not.

5. 5 Posted by mhoggie on 14 Oct, 2021 02:54 AM

Kevin, I mess around with the Review feature occasionally, but I don't find myself using it like I do with the Foresight feature. I never open MD without checking my Foresight chart and transaction listing. It really helps me predict my money flow and that helps me decide the amounts of any additional loan payments I might make. I just wish the Foresight feature had a setting where you could start the chart from a past date so you could see your historic balance changes. Currently I keep the chart set for 12 months future balances. It would be nice to see the chart displaying past and future balances. For me, the Foresight feature is my primary budget system. Of course that means I have to keep the reminder amounts accurate, but it allows me to budget anything, loan payments, credit card payments, or anything I want to put in a reminder. That's great. I do use the MD budget feature also, but probably just on a monthly basis. (plus I have to use multiple back door methods to budget my loan payments).
    Thanks for your work on Foresight and Review.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac