MD 2022 (4055) will accept key but won't retain

Charles O'sullivan

14 Oct, 2021 07:50 PM

Recently bought 2022 Build 4055 and was sent a Key starting with P. When asked this key is accepted and I am advised that MD is registered but when I exit MD and re-open next it shown as unregistered and I have to provide the key again.

Would be grateful if someone could please advise how to get MD to accept the key and stop deleting/removing it when MD is closed.

many thanks
Charles O'S

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 15 Oct, 2021 09:32 AM

Hi Charles,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Can you try resetting your Moneydance preferences and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing? To do this, you have to rename your config.dict file.

Please take note of your license key and save it separately as you will need to re-register later.

I believe you're using Windows, so the file should be located at:

C:\Users\(yourusername)\.moneydance\config.dict

Once you've found your config.dict file, close Moneydance ensure it's closed fully. Then rename the file to config2.dict

Once you've done this, open Moneydance again. It will appear as though you've just installed the program for the first time, so you'll see the Welcome window.
    Your data file should be listed on the right of the window. If not, choose 'Open Other' and navigate to your data file.
    When you're viewing your data file, choose Help --> Register Moneydance and input your license key.

If you run into any problems, you can simply close Moneydance and rename the original file back to config.dict. Then open Moneydance again to restore your original settings.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by charlesdwosulli... on 15 Oct, 2021 12:39 PM

Maddy,

Thank you for your reply and explanation how to solve the problem.

Seems to have worked, thank you.

Kind regards

Charles O’Sullivan

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 15 Oct, 2021 12:50 PM

You are welcome , Charles!
    I'm very pleased to hear that.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. Maddy closed this discussion on 15 Oct, 2021 12:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac