Trying to set up MD on another computer

nostink

22 Oct, 2021 12:19 AM

I am trying to install Moneydance onto a second computer using the Sync method so that I can sync and use my data between BOTH computers (in addition to the iDevices that already sync with the original computer)

When I open the new MD onto the second computer, the screen I see does not make it clear which option I am supposed to select in order to follow the instructions provided in the Knowledgebase:

"Open Moneydance to view the file you'd like to share, then navigate to File --> Syncing"

I have included a screenshot of what I see is; please guide me with what to choose from the selections in the screenshot.

Thank you in advance

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 22 Oct, 2021 12:48 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Use the option Create A new Account set, on the screen that comes up next select Open Synced File, select the method then proceed to select the existing data set etc

2. 2 Posted by nostink on 22 Oct, 2021 06:49 PM

DWG - Thank you very much for your response!

I have now run into another question.

I selected "Create A new Account set" and selected Synced File however I am not finding the sync option I think I need.

My original MD is set up to sync to Dropbox Folder however the when I opened Synced File on the computer I am setting up, it only shows Dropbox Connection or Shared Folder. It does not show Dropbox Folder.

Do I need Dropbox installed on the second computer I am setting up?

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 22 Oct, 2021 08:22 PM

The option Dropbox Folder will only appear if you have installed the Dropbox client AND it has been installed to use the standard location for the folder.

If you have installed the Dropbox client to use a custom location you can use the option Shared folder and then navigate to this location when setting up Moneydance syncing.

If you have not installed the client you can either install it or you can use the option Dropbox Connection to not use or require the client and to directly access the data on the Dropbox server.

4. 4 Posted by nostink on 23 Oct, 2021 12:06 AM

DWG,

I think I have it all figured out now ... I think. I hope.

Again, thank you for your help.

5. System closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2022 12:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac