Transactions taking a long time in 2022

Simon Kan

23 Oct, 2021 07:00 AM

I upgraded to Moneydance v2022.4056, but creating a transaction within an account takes about a minute to complete. This problem does not exist in v2021.3069. This problem makes v2022.4056 unusable. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Is there a solution?

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 23 Oct, 2021 07:56 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Simon

I have run all the builds of 2022 without any issues in entering transactions. Currently preview 2022.1(4058) on both Windows 10 and Linux Feren.
    I suggest you post your computer operating system and a copy of your Moneydance errlog.txt file which might highlight the issue..
    Open Moneydance add a transaction to shown the problem, close Moneydance and post errlog.txt file.
    If you're using Mac OS, it should be located at one of these locations within your Home folder:
    ~/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt or:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt If you have any trouble finding your Home Library folder you can open Finder and hold down the option key while selecting the Go menu and the Library folder option should occur or you can open Finder and select Go -> Go to Folder and copy and paste in the following:
    ~/Library This should pull up your local Library folder.
    If you're using Windows, it should be located under your login directory at:
    C:\Users(yourusername).moneydance\errlog.txt
    or
    C:\Documents and Settings(yourusername).moneydance\errlog.txt
    Depending on your version of Windows
    If you're using Linux it should be located in your home folder at:
    ~/.moneydance/errlog.txt

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Oct, 2021 09:02 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

... also, can you report how much memory you have and how much is free when running MD?

3. System closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2022 09:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

24 Jan, 2022 12:53 AM
24 Jan, 2022 12:15 AM
23 Jan, 2022 09:39 PM