Edit button in Graphs and Reports no longer works. Version 2022.1 (4058)

Dean

23 Oct, 2021 06:08 PM

Just updated to version 2022.1 (4058). Selecting the Edit button from any report in Graphs and Reports no longer works. The Edit button acts like it was pressed but does not then present the dialog box used to edit the report.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Oct, 2021 06:29 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Any error error n Window/Console?

2. 2 Posted by Dean Holmwood on 23 Oct, 2021 06:51 PM

No. The Console Window doesn't show any error messages. The last message is Update info received with successful signature verification
    Version info retrieved; we are up to date!

Also, Ctrl+Shift+G, select a report, change the date, select Generate button likewise does not function. The screen does not render the report and the dialog window persists.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Oct, 2021 09:37 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Odd, works for me....

Perhaps post your whole console ?

4. 4 Posted by Dean Holmwood on 24 Oct, 2021 12:17 AM

Solved. I created a new TEST user account on my computer and opened the same data file i was having the problem with. The TEST account did not experience the same issue. Next, i created a new data file using my user account and still had the same problem.

So, I backed up the .moneydance folder (C:\Users\deanh\.moneydance) then uninstalled the application. I also removed moneydance references from the registry, but i'm not sure if that was required. I reinstalled the application using 2022.1 (4058) then restored the data files (C:\Users\deanh\.moneydance\Documents) from the backed up .moneydance folder. Tested the functionality and did not experience the problem. I did need to tweak the Summary page but everything else seems fine. Thanks for your help.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 24 Oct, 2021 08:43 PM

I'm glad to hear things have been sorted out. My guess is that the edit window was rendering off screen, or perhaps on a second (unattached) monitor. Resetting one's preferences usually fixes these issues, which would have been covered in the steps you took.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. System closed this discussion on 23 Jan, 2022 08:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac