Split Transaction

Joe

24 Oct, 2021 01:23 PM

When I try entering a Split Transaction it freezes the software. The only option I have is to use the Task Manager in Windows 10 to close the program. Is there an up grade currently using 2021.1 (3069). Is there an upgrade to solve this problem?

Also when I go to see if I am entitled to an upgrade It states I am and then sends me to a screen where I have to purchase the upgraded software of Moneydance. Why am I entitled to the upgrade and then have to purchase newer software?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 24 Oct, 2021 02:20 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

I expect your split window is rendering off screen.. Load Toolbox extension, advanced mode, general tools, reset window positions...

(not support, just a fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 24 Oct, 2021 02:33 PM

Hi Joe,

Let's start with the Split Window issue...

The Split window may be rendering off-screen. This phenomenon can occur when a second monitor is attached and then subsequently detached.

The Split window requires user-interaction (e.g. clicking the 'Done' button) and thus will give the appearance of the program freezing when it can not be accessed.

There are a few means of resolving this:

1) If in fact, you did have a second monitor attached and then removed it, simply reattach the monitor and see if you can access the Split Window.

2) Create a new transaction and call up the Split window. (Moneydance will appear to have frozen.)
    At this point use key-combo ALT-SPACEBAR (a small context menu may or may not appear at the edge of the monitor)
    Tap the letter M on your keyboard to invoke the 'Move' command.
    Hold down the appropriate ARROW key (likely the LEFT ARROW key) to hopefully move the orphaned window back on-screen.

3) Install the Toolbox extension and reset Moneydance's window locations to their defaults.

You can double-check to make sure that you are eligible for a free upgrade by plunking your current license key into the 'Upgrading' field of the following web site.
    https://infinitekind.com/purchase

If you are eligible and want to upgrade, you can download the program here:
    https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac