After updating, system says its Preview Only

Michael Harris

29 Oct, 2021 10:51 AM

Having just updated, I am confronted by a notice that says I have a Preview version only. Please sort it out.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Oct, 2021 12:08 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Michael

You only get a free upgrade to 2022 if you purchase a licence key for 2021. I your purchase was for a earlier version than 2021 you can get a 50% discount on a purchase of a 2022 key.
    You can check and then if you want upgrade your key at https://infinitekind.com/purchase using Upgrading box
    You can downgrade the version at https://infinitekind.com/previous-versions-of-moneydance

If you have already purchased a 2022 key then the new key would have been sent by email, check trash folder. Enter the new key into Moneydance

Hope this helps

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 29 Oct, 2021 12:52 PM

Hi Michael,

I can see you’ve received a reply from one of our knowledgeable Moneydance customers. To add to this useful information I thought it's worth mentioning that I have checked our records using your email address and I can confirm your license key entitles you to a free upgrade to Moneydance 2022.

So, all you need to do is to register the new version by entering your current license key. Please select Help --> Register Moneydance to enter the license key.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Michael Harris on 29 Oct, 2021 04:49 PM

Thanks, Derek.
    I am up to date with payments.
    Maybe I didn't register the update properly, but I am OK now.
    Best wishes,
    Michael

4. 4 Posted by Michael Harris on 29 Oct, 2021 04:50 PM

Thanks, Maddy. I've tried again and am OK now.
    With best wishes,
    Michael

5. 5 Posted by Cstars on 29 Oct, 2021 04:58 PM

Maddy,
    Does the download process include the instructions to go to the help menu and enter your new license key under Register Moneydance ? If it does, I missed it.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Maddy on 01 Nov, 2021 09:24 AM

@Michael

After downloading Moneydance 2022.2 (4060). You should launch Moneydance and when you are in register view, you should navigate to Help->Register Moneydance and enter your license key there.

The instruction for registering the software is outlined in this article of the Knowledge base.

Please keep us posted on your progress, Thank you!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac